Birthdays

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by PixieChick, May 11, 2006.

1. PixieChick

PixieChick Member

Finally, Trip booked for Sept 23-30. ; Staying at Pop with Free Dining! ; Going to MNSSHP on the 29th. ; Now for my next problem. ; Daughters 11th B-Day on the 29th as well. ; We are going to Chef Mickeys to celebrate but do you know if there is anything else WDW does for birthdays? ; Thanks for your help.

2. Treelo

Treelo Member

I'll need to check one of my books at home (which I'll try to remember to do tonight)... but I'm pretty sure if you let them know at the front gate at the Magic Kingdom that it's her birthday she gets a special pin to wear all day that'll alert staffers to the special event... not sure what perks it'll get her, but it might get something.

3. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

When you make the reservations at the restaurant, tell them it is your daughters birthday. ; When we had breakfast at the crystal palace, they knew it was our honeymoon and they had a little mickey head in confetti on our table, and we also got a free cupcake and a certificate (they do that for birthdays there also!)

I would let the hotel know that it is her birthday also - they may be able to do something special for her......

4. Treelo

Treelo Member

excerpt from The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2006:
    Also of note to those folks who may be going with very young kids... apparently the barber shop at the entrance to MK makes a big deal of kids' first haircuts... pixie dust, photos, a certificate and a free mouse ears hat ;) Guess they really do help mark any event that's important to you! :)

5. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

You could certainly ask for a birthday button from guest relations. ; Animal Kingdom & Epcot have different ones and MK and MGM have the same one. ; You possibly my get even get through some of the fast pass lanes with out a FP ticket. ; Guest services may also be able to arrange to get you a card with your daughters name and a picture and a signature of one of the Disney gang. ;

6. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Definitely let everyone know its you daughters birthday and you don't have to restrict it to one day at each of the parks let them know that it is her birthday that week and they will still celebrate it. When you check in ask for a birthday telephone call for your daughter mine had Goofy singing happy birthday to her.

7. Hope your daughter had a nice birthday. ; For others planning next trips, if you work with your Disney TA, sometimes you can arrange other surprises. ; It's never guaranteed, by I've made requests (and had them fulfilled) to have an autographed birthday card from, say, Minnie Mouse waiting in the hotel room upon check in. ;

The great thing about getting the birthday pins already mentioned too is that everyone will wish you happy birthday all day long.