Back home from the park

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by JeremyES, Nov 14, 2007.

1. JeremyES

JeremyES Member

Well, it was our first time at Disneyland, spent three days at the resort (stayed across the street) and had a great time. Didn't take quite as many pictures as last year when at WDW, but managed to get a couple decent shots. Lines were nearly non-existent, longest I had to wait was a half hour for the Nemo subs (well worth it). One of the most interesting moments was during the nightly parade, the Little Mermaid float broke down in front of me, smoke came out, and Ariel had to climb down, after taking off her tail. I felt for the dancers who had to keep repeating the same routine for a good fifteen minutes until they towed away the float.

I also took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, which was fun. One of the best parts was getting to watch the rope drop from the other side and snapping pictures of the crowds surging forward.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. mousefan

mousefan Member

I will be heading out there in Feb. Which resort did you stay at?

3. JeremyES

JeremyES Member

We stayed at the Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites, which was right across the street from the pedestrian entrance. Beds were not too comfortable, but the room was...decent. We wanted to stay on property, but could not justify the huge price jump.

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

You JUST missed the west coast's version of the dream lights.

An effect of falling snow on Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

Was Small World open again while you were there?

5. JeremyES

JeremyES Member

Small World was being redecorated, but we did ride Haunted Mansion Holiday numerous times. That was the main draw for going this time of year. The snow was on the castle at least.

6. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Member

Good to hear you had fun. I'm leaving for DLR in about 3 hours . . . home again on Monday.