August 2010. Who will be at WDW?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by Ham Ham, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

The Hamettes and yours truly will be at ;Disney's Vero Beach from August 23rd to 27th.

WDW Boardwalk Villas August 29 to Sept 4.

Aug to 27 to 29 TBA most likely in the WDW area.

Who else will be in the 407 and wants to meet up?

This August celebrates the fifth anniversary of our family's first visit to WDW.

2. goofycdn

goofycdn Member

We will be arriving on the 27th at Port Orleans Riverside and staying for 7 days!!!!! ; Can't wait!!!

3. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

We should try and meet up. RealFam will also been in the hood.

4. goofycdn

goofycdn Member

We are doing Magic Kingdom on Sunday the 29th and Hollywood Studios on the 30th. ; The rest of the time is relaxing by the pool, playing some golf and enjoying the food.

5. realfam

realfam Member

You bet were gonna be there......and we have plans to be in the Magic Kingdom on the 29th as well. ; We will probably head there for rope drop, stay until noon, head back to AKL for swim, lunch and then head back around dinner time and extended hours so we can enjoy the park in cooler weather and smaller crowds. ; Why don't you join us hamham and we could all do a meet.

6. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Let me run it by the head Hamette. We usually avoid the parks on the week end. Any idea of what the crowds will be like?

7. realfam

realfam Member

Crowds will be fairly quiet....US kids already back to school. ; Most locals come on saturdays, and were planning early morning (rope drop), enjoy the pools in the afternoon and head back around 4ish to stay late with the extended hours for hotel guests. ; We should be able to walk onto to most attractions.

8. realfam

realfam Member

Where you staying Hamham?

9. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Vero Beach 23 to 27 Hotel style room with kitchenette

Somewhere near or in WDW 28 29

Boardwalk 29- Sept 4 1BR with 2 TV's and a washer dryer

Will you have a car? If not the Ham Ham Shuttle will be working.

You should come check out theBoardwalk pool and some great pizza. We can also come crash AK for some free peanuts.

Goofy you and your crew are welcome to visit. The more the merrier

10. goofycdn

goofycdn Member

My crew consists of the wife, two boys 17 and 15 and my daughter who is 8!
    We are at Port Orleans Riverside the whole time!

11. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

My crew DD 17 DD 11 myself and DW.

12. realfam

realfam Member

Very nice!

Finally getting into Vero eh! ; ; Boardwalk, ; you guys have horseshoes you know where.....thats excellent for a last minute booking. ; ; Count us in for a visit and were looking forwrd to you guys spending some time together at AKV. ; DW is already talking about a dinner out with you guys to Flippers... ; try and get into AK for your few missing days.

13. goofycdn

goofycdn Member

Just spoke with the boss and we'd love to get together sometime if possible. ; We were just talking that we'd love to go take a look at AKL! ;

Let me know what you guys things. ; I'm really looking forward to this trip. ; Another friend of mine is coming as well and we're going golfing on Wednesday as Osprey Ridge.

14. realfam

realfam Member

Well were staying at AKL ; Aug27 to Sept 2 with the last 3 nights on the concierge level. ; Hamham and family are at Boardwalk and we will probably go over there for a visit and they will come to AKL at some point for visits. ; Let's PM our contact info while were down there and try and do a meet. And that way you have some one to visit at AKL. ; We can also take you on a tour.....a must see if you have never been.

15. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Realfam you have my info so why not have Goofycdn send his info to you and you can be the party planner.

More than happy to have everyone over to our Boardwalk digs at some point.

Do ; you still have the same US phone number. I think when I renew it will be with a different #. I would like a 321 area code like you have.

I will bring down a small tripod so DD 16 can learn from the master on shooting fireworks.

Do you think I need to get her the remote for her DSLR?

16. realfam

realfam Member

Not sure if I will have my US # this year. ; I will definately have my CDN cell (you got the number) that I will be using anyway because of work. ; I already sent Goofycdn a PM and will try and be the party planner. ; Weve already scheduledd ourselves in to have a Welcome Wednesday party and swim at your place.
    Definately wanna shoot some fireworks. ; I am bringing a gorilla pod (just really tough to carry a tripod around WDW, plus once you set it up everyone is walking into it) and a remote shutter makes the world of difference.
    Any luck with the car rental?

17. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

18. realfam

realfam Member

I have the SLR-ZOOM Gorillapod which will support up 3.3kg, not cheap but very convenient

19. goofycdn

goofycdn Member

Only 6 more sleeps and I can't wait. ; How are each of you getting to WDW? ; We're driving down and leaving Thursday night when I'm done work. ; We're stopping in Georgia Friday night and arriving in WDW on Saturday.

20. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Hello All

We are at Disney's Vero ;Beach enjoying a very slow and relaxing pace.

Resort is beautiful, beach spectacular and the local pizza is awesome.

On the 27th Pop Century will be our home for two nights, we wind up our Florida sojourn with six days at Boardwalk.

Our new Florida mobile number is 321.438.6421.