Asia et.al.

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by RedOctober25, Jan 10, 2012.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Some of my recent photos...

Flights of Wonder - Baby Andean Condor
    [​IMG]

Maharajah Sanctuary Statue
    [​IMG]

Icons of DAK
    [​IMG]

Rhino Tower
    [​IMG]

Macaw
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice Jeff, love that Macaw shot!

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

He was in a different spot when I started shooting. ; Sometimes I think all animals think "here comes another nut with a camera...". One of the tigers, after much banging on window and yelling to move by kids, got up, moved into the center of the yard (as cameras started snapping) and proceeded to go to the bathroom. ; Almost as of to say, "You want a photo? ; I'll give you a photo!"

Sent from my iPhone...

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots Jeff!

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Nice Asia sampling - very nice grab of the macaw.

I agree on the animals - I know for a fact that the gorillas are completely aware of cameras and what they do - especially when the park is more empty, and the gorillas more prone to be 'out' in public areas...then someone with a camera comes along, and starts pointing their way for a shot - invariably they will get up, walk over to a tree, and sit down directly behind it...or they'll turn around and face the other way. ; I've watched them for a while, and they don't do this if noone has a camera nearby - as soon as the cameras come out, the gorillas start evading.

And I've seen the tigers pull that Number One maneuver as well.

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Interesting that the animals might be camera shy.

7. gary

gary Member

so where's the shot???

this is t-mip, we don't hold back

actually i spoke too soon and out of turn, i believe i still owe the elephant shot

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I am a little more modest than Gary, so I gave the tiger his privacy as the kids were all pointing and asking their parents why the tiger was squatting down but not sitting down. ; And yes, you still have not posted the elephant shot.

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

"it's only a fruit bat..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Oh wait til I get home... I think it is a requirement at the Fruit Bat Ruins to be the most mundane monotoned character you can be. ; First there was Louie, now we have Louise (I can only assume that was her name).

Sent from my iPhone...

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Some one say fruit bat?

[​IMG]
    Hanging Bat by jbwolffiv, on Flickr