Ahhh, the Life

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by ITPete, Apr 15, 2009.

1. ITPete

ITPete Member

Just came across this site and wanted to share a few Lion pics from AK. ; I hope you enjoy. ; Feedback/Critic welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I look forward to exploring the site more and sharing more pictures as I can.

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Welcome and thanks for posting. ; Great shot of the lions!

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome to the boards ITPete!

It's rare to see the male sitting up, I usually either don't see him or he's flat on his side!

4. gary

gary Member

welcome to the boards, i too have never seen the male lion upright, so much so that i started to believe it was just a stuffed plush lion/or an animatronic that was turned off

5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Nice lion shots - a tough one from the Safari indeed! ; Welcome to the boards - join in, enjoy, and have fun!

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I've only been lucky enough to see the male lion active once back in 2006 and I've been going to AK since it's opening year.

Welcome and the IT part of your name caught my eye. ; I'm in that line of work also.

7. ITPete

ITPete Member

Thanks for the replies all.

Yeah, I was suprised to see the lion up. ; I went on the ride when my son and I first got there and had a hard time seeing them. ; That is when I got the second shot. ; We then immediately jumped on the ride again and as we first started to get to the mound, I could see the male lion lifting his rear leg up in the air stratching before he got up. ; As we got around to the other side he was up posing for the first shot.

8. Ryan

Ryan Member

We were able to see them grooming each other when we were there...it was very interesting!

9. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Welcome to the boards. Those cats sure are living it up. :)

10. Yeah Ive rarely seen him sitting up too. In February I got REALLY lucky though

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]