A really expensive souveneir

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by mainstreet1997, May 9, 2010.

1. Well not so much a souvenier but look what we (my parents and I - them more than me)
    [​IMG]

Went to the BLT tour on Tuesday - unfortunately we didn't get to have the presentation in the Top of the World Lounge because the air went out so we met in a ballroom at the Contemporary. Happily, the air was fixed and we did get to go up and check out TotW as well as the model rooms. ; The incentives were a 3 day Bahamian cruise on the Disney Dream or up to 19 dollars off a point...we went for the money and are now the proud owners of 150 points at Bay Lake Tower! ; Because our use year hasn't ended yet they also gave us 150 points from 2009! Cool!

We already tried to book some time at BLT - we have 1 night Lake view in July and are on a waitlist for December but doesn't look like we'll get it so we'll stay at Boardwalk which doesn't bother me!

More pics coming soon! They'll be better - this one was taken through the monorail window but its one of the best!

2. Paul

Paul Member

Nice shot from the monorail! ; Would love to take a tour.

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The Grand Villa was amazing (took the tour in February). ; Hope you enjoy the lake view. ; I was barely able to get a couple of nights in December with an MK view. (and no luck at Boardwalk). ; I too can't wait until I get there for some photos.

4. goofmick

goofmick Member

Nice!!! ; The pic and especially the souveneir.

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

Congratulations!

6. You got a MK view in December??? LUCKY!!! Weve got a standard view in December on the waitlist for Boardwalk. When are you going? Maybe we should switch for the first couple of days or something! :p Thats what were trying to do. Sunday and Monday at BLT and then switch to Boardwalk for Tuesday-Friday. Ahh if only it were that easy.

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

'grats! ; Once you get it all paid off, you will find the beds are so much more comfortable!

8. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Congrats! ; I would love to own ANY DVC but at some point soon, I will.

9. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Awesome katie! Congrats!

10. You mean the beds get more comfortable after you pay everything off or they are more comfortable in relation to other resorts? :p ; Im a little concerned because I keep reading reports from people who have stayed at BLT that the furniture is showing wear and tear already, as well as the hallways where suitcases bump into the walls.

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Technically I am not staying at BLT in December as I have to check out on the first (and move over to Kidani). ; My BLT reservation is for Nov. 28th, 29th, and 30th. ; I tried to get the remainder of the stay there with any type of view, but there were a couple of days with no rooms available and I would not want to move resorts 3 or 4 times over the course of a trip. ; I had tried to get a studio at other DVC resorts I have not stayed at yet, but no luck there either. ; I just hope at BLT that they don't stick me on the first floor for my MK View.

12. I dont think there are MK views on the first floor. I think I remember reading somewhere that MK view rooms are on the 7th floor and up.