5th Trip for Wife and I - second for son

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by canadianman30, Jan 18, 2011.

1. canadianman30

canadianman30 Member

Hello Canadian Disney fans,
    My wife and I just booked a Disney trip for 2011. We will be bringing our 4 year old son.

This will be our 5th trip (second with our son). We took him to WDW when he was 2 1/2.

We are going from April 2 to 9 and will be staying at "All Star Movies." That should be fun since our son is into the "Toy Story" characters.

We are about to start planning our Dining reservations (since we are now 73 days out).

Here are some ideas we have so far:

Mama Melrose in DStudios (with Fantasmic package)

Cinderella's Royal table dinner (because we have an extra day meals for 7th day when we will be travelling)

Chef Mickey's for Breakfast

Disney family tour at Magic Kingdom (is this worth the $35, we have never done a tour)

Thank you

Kevin

2. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

I hope you have fun! We are heading out in a week for our sons first trip (3.5)!

3. canadianman30

canadianman30 Member

I have a question:

My sons birthday isnt until July but when we are at WDW in April, would it be okay to mention that is our sons birthday?

He will be turning 5.

Thank you
    Kevin

4. realfam

realfam Member

Certainly mention it. ; You can go to guest services building at the Magic Kingdom and they will a CM there with buttons and you can a button with Happy Birthday and his name on it.

5. amw

amw Member

My girls birthdays' are a month apart - and we usually go right in the middle of both (March Break). I call it their birthday vacation. ; :D ; In the past, I've gotten them birthday pins, but had the CMs put their actual birthdate under their name and age -- because it wasn't their actual "birth week." ; The CMs in Disney really don't care though.

They have "I'm Celebrating" pins too -- if you want, you can get that one and put "XXX's birthday trip" on it.

6. canadianman30

canadianman30 Member

Hello everyone,

Here is the dining reservations that we have planned so far.

Let me know what you think.

April
    2 meal at 'Espn Club' on Boardwalk
    3 'Coral Reef' supper
    4 'Chef Mickeys' supper
    5 'Hollywood and Vine' Fantasmic supper package
    6 'Ohana' supper
    7 'Tutto Italia' supper
    8 'Cinderellas Royal Table' lunch

Thank you
    Kevin

7. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Sean and I love the ESPN club. ; We love getting the Dingers with BBQ sauce on them. ; Yummmm!

We haven't eaten at the rest of them, but I would say you got some great reservations

8. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

I love Coral Reef - and after being at chef mickeys for the first time this trip, will definitely go back!
    My IL's ate at tutto italia and were thrilled with it!

9. canadianman30

canadianman30 Member

Disney fans,

Here is the schedule that we have planned:

3 April - EPCOT, supper Coral Reef

4 April - Studios, supper Chef Mickeys (7:45 pm)

5 April - Magic Kingdom, supper Hollywood & Vince 'Fantasmic' package

6 April - Animal Kingdom, supper Ohana, Magic Kingdom

7 April - Animal Kingdom, supper Tutto Italia, EPCOT

8 April - Magic Kingdom, supper Crystal Palace

Let me know what you all think. I know with our son we are flexible.

10. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

Do you have your parks mixed up for april 4 and 5??

11. canadianman30

canadianman30 Member

No not really.

We just made a plan of what parks to go to in the mornings, go to the resort for a swim mid afternoon, then back to a particular park where our dinner reservation is.