Zoom meet up date "poll"

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Joanie Eddis-Koch, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

@Joanie Eddis-Koch, I guess you need to come up with a sporty nickname for me :)

2. I am in! Had a little photo shoot last weekend. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

The 30th works for me.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I thought this might be your way of saying you’re “expecting” to show up to the meeting.

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Did everyone hear about the Zoom class action lawsuit? If the settlement is approved, we can get $15 just for having used Zoom between March 30, 2016 and July 30,2021. If you paid for it, you might get a little more (up to a whole $25). Go to https://www.zoommeetingsclassaction.com/ for details.

That should compensate for them letting those jerks crash our meeting that time.

Joanie Eddis-Koch and Nancy AK like this.
  6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

[​IMG]
    The key words being “up to”… I guarantee that the lawyers are getting 99% of this settlement.

7. Ok so it looks like the next Zoom meeting is Thursday Dec. 30th at 7:30pm.

Mostly everyone can make it.

Sound good to the peanut gallery?

I'll send out the invitations shortly.

~Joanie

mSummers likes this.
  8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

7:30 eastern? So 4:30 pacific/mountain… not that I’m in that time zone either, but just checking.

Nancy AK likes this.
  9. Yes 7:30 Eastern Standard time.

10. gary

gary Member

planning on being there

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  11. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Sounds good!

12. ddindy

Will there be a ball dropping at midnight or do we have to bring our own?

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

You can bring your own but you’d be a day early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'm catching up late here - I have not been on any previous 'meets' and may already be dropped as an insider/planner for Pixelmania due to my lack of presence on these Zoom thingies - I'm technologically challenged as some may know, so if it goes beyond a phone call, it's getting into advanced IT skills area for me. But since I'm always in on Pixelmania when it falls in December, this will be the year I can attend again. Will this Zoom thing-a-ma-jig also be something that can be participated in with just a phone, or via internet but without a camera to share my ugly mug?

15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Yes and yes… Michael attends without a camera (so voice only) and both New Gary and Dave have hopped into the meeting from their phones (there’s a Zoom App for that) or a straight up phone call (I’m pretty sure but not 100%)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. mSummers

mSummers Member

Yes, phone only access is possible. Joanie will share the info.

17. zackiedawg

OK - maybe I can attend - if I'm still invited as a planner! I'm not 100% yet on next Thursday, but I think I'll be available.

Nancy AK likes this.
  18. ddindy

My bad. I looked at my calendar, saw that I didn't have to get up for work the next day, and assumed it was NYE.

19. zackiedawg

It's kind of a New Year's Eve...since the observed New Year holiday is Friday...If NY is observed on NYE, then NYE must be celebrated on New Years' Eve Eve. ;)

ddindy likes this.
  20. I sent the Zoom invitations for Thursday December 30th at 7:30 EST to you mailboxes on this site.

For those that don't know, I had to do it that way because, rather humorously, a previous zoom meeting was crashed by an assortment of teenaged boys with nothing better to do than to join our meeting and spew irrelevant statements.

Nancy AK likes this.