Who loves Disney Transportation!?

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Apr 4, 2008.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I had these two in another thread, but since they're Transportation-related, I'm also putting them in this thread:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Low-Tech Disney Transportation...I even rode the trolley up Main Street USA in Disneyland. ; The horse power had some mighty powerful odor.

[​IMG]

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice one Scott! ; Disneyland is moving higher and higher on the bucket list!

[​IMG]
    Monorail Monday by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Red Car Trolley transportation from the left coast.

[​IMG]

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

The more I see of these left coast shots, the more I really need to get out there.

[​IMG]

7. zackiedawg

Some monorail 'distance' shots - it was really crappy dusk light, and overcast too...but still I liked the high and distant perspective from the roof of the BLT:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just for fun, I did a very long exposure from the BLT roof, just messing about at night while waiting for fireworks...to get traffic ribbons - but also included in here are Disney busses at the MK station coming in and out, two monorails streaking past, and the Disney ferry to MK - three different transportations, but only in the form of streaking lights:
    [​IMG]

8. ELinder

ELinder Member

Really like that last one. How long an exposure is it?

Erich

9. zackiedawg

Thanks Erich - that one was 83 seconds. ; I was in Bulb mode and using a wireless remote, so I was just going by feel - I set the aperture down to F13 because I didn't have an ND with me, and wanted to avoid blowing out with such a long exposure...then I tried to wait long enough for the monorails and busses to pass all the way through the shot. ; The one monorail had just come out of the station and I left it open long enough for him to make it into the Contemporary...the other monorail was headed in from Grand Floridian to the MK station way back there.

10. Fog in the 3rd pic is awesome! ; Possible promo shot for Avatar land? ; ;)

The long exposure is great, too.

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I'm with Peter, love the 3rd one best. ; I really like where you shot this from, I have only shot it from the Contemporary so I am looking right into the station.

[​IMG]
    One Way Transportation by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

12. zackiedawg

Thanks guys...

John, I actually thought of these shots from BLT specifically because I had a shot many years ago from Contemporary roof looking more into the station - I wanted to try again but from the new angle, but the downside was the poor lighting from all-day storms - though the mist and steam coming out of the trees from the earlier rain did give some cool atmosphere.

BTW - love that trolley shot - I don't know if I would have thought to shoot them from behind, but it really comes out great with the 4 guys in back and beautifully centered.

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Monorail Monday!

Thanks Justin! ; I have spent about 2 hours on the balcony of the Contemporary (by the BLT bridge) and even climbed the stairs to try different angles. ;

One for today...

[​IMG]

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

15. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Disney's Magical Express.

[​IMG]

16. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

17. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

18. zackiedawg

Monorail and Magic Kingdom:[​IMG]

Train:
    [​IMG]

Four transportation boats in one shot!
    [​IMG]

Two ferries crisscrossing:

[​IMG]

Streaking ferry at night in long exposure:
    [​IMG]

19. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Yet another monorail shot, but this one is patriotic!

[​IMG]
    Now arriving