Where is this strange 'art'? (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Where Am I?' started by zackiedawg, Mar 23, 2010.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Re: Where is this strange 'art'?

other clue options... "taking the lead", "temporarily stalled", can see all but one of the guesses... one partially and one around the corner...

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I didn't go far enough south in the photo of Astro Orbiter. ; Take a look in the lower left corner just below the "Pad" of The Launching Pad. ; WINNER, WINNER, Turkey Leg DINNER! ; Maybe...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

red is playing for keeps this time, methinks!

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

All great guesses and everyone was honing in nicely...but Jeff was the winner of this one, for picking up the 'smoking' clue, and guessing the misting station:

[attachimg=1]

Otherwise known as the Thirst Rangers Cool Scanner. They use a lot of the same architecture with those round holes in the metal, erector-set style...this one in particular has the right view from the right distance to the TTA. ; And notice these appear to be some of the only ones that have a 'screen' like mesh over the holes. ; See to the left leg, upper hole, for the original clue.

Some clues I had dropped were, of course, "Cool!", and keep "scanning" around, you guys are "smoking", and then the obvious hint as to the location. ; And the last was an obscure clue, "Pause" and think about this...as Cool Scanner is sponsored by and serves Coca Cola, the 'Pause that Refreshes' (ancient tag line for Coke products from back in the 1920s).

Anyway...Jeff's got it, and great guessing everyone, including Red who was definitely firing shots all around the bullseye!

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I still like my answer better and think that I am right even though you took the photo. ; Meh!

At least I was consistent in firing shots right around the wrong spot...

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I even looked at this shot and all I was focusing on was the triangle attachments to the legs. ; Completely missed the mesh portion.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  7. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Haaaaa- this one was a group effort for sure.

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Good one Justin!

9. Paul

Paul Member

Yes, good and strange!

10. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

awesome one for sure!