Where is this strange 'art'? (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Where Am I?' started by zackiedawg, Mar 23, 2010.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Some kind of abstract scene? ; Painting? ; Photo? ; Hmmm...who knows?

So, where am I?

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Re: Where is this strange 'art'?

looks like one of the windows on TTA where the galaxy plaza theater used to be.

3. zackiedawg

Nice try...but no. ; Not on the TTA.

4. goofmick

goofmick Member

Inside Space Mountain arcade area looking out.

5. zackiedawg

Nope...not in the arcade. ; Keep looking!

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

ok, let's look at this from another way. ; assuming you are not looking THRU something but rather looking at a refection in something... ; it's heavily cropped due to the pixelization and i can make out what seems to me to be space mountain faintly in the background

let's go with tomorrowland indy speedway.

7. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

I think I need to open my eyeballs more when I am at WDW. ; Justin, you are crazy good at these and while I am a good researcher...many of them just plain stump me. ; I'll watch and listen, but I'm clueless.

8. zackiedawg

Well, let's just say there's warmth so far - it's cool that you guys pretty quickly started hitting Tomorrowland - I guess there was enough of the style in there to indicate that...now, you just need to narrow down where. ; It's not Indy Speedway. ; You're right in that it is a massive crop (like 95%!).

Thru or reflection...that is the question.

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

aren't there ground lights that have covers on them that are flat with the surface? ; In so much that the camera is looking down at the fixture and the reflection is going back up towards the tree and structure.

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Looking back at some of my photos, the blue band looks like the top canopy of TTA. ; So that means that we are slightly higher up looking back at the TTA Track is some fashion. So hows about one of the Arms of the Astro Orbitor (that has some holes in the center of it). ; And if a 95% crop, then maybe a shot of the Astro Orbitor taken from TTA. ; Another option (still on TTA) is when you pass over Monster's Inc: Laugh Floor.

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

OPTION 1 - Astro Orbitor (holes on the main arms)
    [​IMG]

OPTION 2 - MILF (there's that term again) (holes on the Entrance. ; The Holes on the Track itself are what I think Tim was talking about.)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  12. goofmick

goofmick Member

Aren't there some black windows on the backside of SM that you see when riding the WDW railroad?

13. mSummers

mSummers Member

I think the windows you are talking about are on the back side of the arcade as you pass between the arcade and SM.

14. zackiedawg

Well Red's all over it...not quite there yet, but some great analysis and some true. ; But need to keep scanning around for the exact place, now that we know for sure we're in Tomorrowland.

15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

so it has to be a reflection or through a very thin piece of metal as there is not much of an edge shadow if you are looking through the "hole".

16. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

17. zackiedawg

Oh boy! ; Jeff's really getting the idea now! ; Taking the lead from Red, now we're really getting close. ; You guys are smoking! ; In fact, every guess so far is close...all but one guess are visible from this spot (one partially blocked, one around the corner).

18. zackiedawg

OK...temporarily stalled, but everyone's got this narrowed down to Tomorrowland. ; So...can anyone get closer than that?

BTW, pause and think about this: I have dropped 3 clues in prior posts so far!

19. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

The misting station

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

the Lunching Pad... Smoked Turkey Legs...