What are your favorite Walt Disney Quotes?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sean, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Sean

Sean Administrator Staff Member

What are your favorite Walt Disney Quotes?

I'll start....

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

"Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life." - - Walt Disney

Sean likes this.
  3. I use the one in my signature to remind me of the real joy of going on Disney trips: the time I get to spend with my family. I don't feel that Walt himself was able to always live by these words, hence the quote. The idea to create a pace where children and adults can have fun together was brought on by Walt's personal desire to be with his family. Too often we let our daily cares (business) get in the way of what is most important--our families. I like to have a reminder from the boss. After all, the results of his efforts are the reason we're all here.

Sean likes this.
  4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I have two: I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.

Laughter is America's most important export.

Sean likes this.
  5. mSummers

mSummers Member

I have two favorites:

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

"Quality will out"

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Sean, that's one of my favorite quotes, but I read recently that Walt never said it. Apparently, Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald wrote it as part of the script for the Horizions attraction.

7. maicz

maicz Member

"Things are not as bad as they seem." –Walt Disney

firelily99 likes this.
  8. firelily99

firelily99 Member

Things are never as bad as they seem! Lots of good quotes posted, thanks to all who shared.

9. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

" I believe in being an innovator"

10. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Even though it's been said, "it's kind of fun to do the impossible".

11. 00003

00003 Member

My favorite Disney quote is the one from Pocahontas: I'd rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you. It's so catchy. It is exactly what I feel for music. Only that I was not able to express in words as clearly as the quote does and as concise as it is. When I read that, it blew me outright and I yelled this is it.

blackbettie33 likes this.
  12. NiaIsabelle

NiaIsabelle Member

My favorite Disney quote did not actually came from a Disney movie. Walt Disney said this, "If you can dream it, you can do it."

I read that quote when I was in the middle of deciding for my future. I just finished high school and was about to go to college and I can't decide on the university I want to go to and the course I want to take up. It made an impact on me. Right after I saw that quote I thought, "What a coincidence." Out of all the words, phrases and quotes I can read that has to be the one to come right out of my computer screen.

Here I am now. I'm at an Ivy League College and taking up Computer Science. I couldn't be more happy.

Good luck to all of you deciding for your future. Follow you heart, believe in yourself and remember, if you can dream, you can do it.

13. Wolfhyrr

Wolfhyrr Member

Well I'm on board with OP here. "If you can dream it, you can do it"

Being an artist myself (musician actually) it's all about dreaming nonstop =)

14. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Member

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

I love this quote because it reminds me of my childhood when I really felt like anything was possible. I could do anything I put my mind to if I wanted it bad enough. I definitely try to live by this quote everyday of my life. :rolleyes:

15. Anna Ramsey

Anna Ramsey Member

“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
    I love this quote, because to me, it means no matter how big you dream, at some point, if you want those dreams to come true, you have to start doing things to make those dreams happen.

16. Today's special moments become tomorrow's memories

Genie