Weather's shaping up to be Cool!!

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by zackiedawg, Nov 30, 2010.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Not that you northerners want to hear this - but there's a cool front working its way through Florida tomorrow afternoon and it's gonna dip the temperatures down just in time for Pixelmania. ; Now, northerners can't complain too much - it should be sunny, and upper 60s/low 70s each day...still likely better than it'd be at home. ; Nights will get a little nippier - with Wednesday night predicted to be as low as 38...but most nights during Pixelmania being mid to upper 40s. ; By that, I mean 3-4am - so evenings in the parks will still be well up in the 50s.

Some of we Floridians though may really enjoy it...I know I will!!

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I'm all for a mild cold front after being down here the past three days...

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

3. Paul

Paul Member

sounds good to me, no rain or snow!

4. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Pre event at AK is going to be a good night. Who are planning on meeting Wed night? ; :)

5. Paul

Paul Member

gary and I should be there, just not sure what time we will arrive.

6. zackiedawg

Not me unfortunately - I was still hoping to get up there tomorrow night and crash at Gary's pad, but no way I'm going to make it - I likely won't even get out of work until 6, home by almost 7, pack up and go - I'd be pulling in at 11pm...sort of pointless. ; So I'll just head up Thu AM.

I am absolutely dying to get this cold front...it's been sticky and hot down here.

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I can't make it to AK, but I'll be waiting for everyone at Ft. Wilderness (unless you head to Raglan Road again this year). ; May even hit Wishes at MK before then.

8. gary

gary Member

paul and i will be at ak, probably not much before 5:00, then at 8:00 heading over to ft wilderness, no, no raglan road this year, i really want some more campground photos, dennis, i have your cell number, jason, is yours still the same, i'll hit it when we come through the ak gate

9. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Ja, my cell is the same as last year.

I am thinking of dinner at Raglan Road or Sanaa wed night.

10. ELinder

ELinder Member

I'll be at the AK pre-meet, but won't do the Ft. Wilderness walk.

Erich

11. mSummers

mSummers Member

No complaints from me either. I like it cool. But I am a little worried about the wind coming from the north ruining fireworks shots at MK

I'll be at AK for the pre-event meet but I'm leaving that early to shoot fireworks from the TTC

12. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I'm planning on hitting AK tomorrow night also. ; I really enjoyed it last year.

13. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

That's going to be warm compared to our nights here. ; Yes, it gets cold in Texas. ; 100 degrees in the shade during the summer, and every now and then we get these white little ice crystals from the sky they call "snow" in the winter. ; I think it's going to be down to the 20s/30s tonight, so Florida will be warmer at night to me. ; Now during the day we've been warmer the last week before a cold front over the holidays...

14. zackiedawg

So far, we only had one mini-cool front a few weeks back - not 'cold', just 'cool'...but it was nice. ; It only lasted 2-3 days, then we were back to hot. ; Our heat the past 3-5 weeks hasn't been the killer stuff of the summer, as the edge has come off it and you can actually stand outside without sweating. ; But as soon as you engage any activity, back comes the sweat.

Compared to Disney trips in June and September, this should be considerably more comfortable for walking around the parks!

15. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I think the weather will be nice. ; I am glad that it isn't raining like last year. ; I don't mind the cooler temps, in fact, I actually like them.