wdw mk closed for crowds for several hours on Dec.31st

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Sheila Gallant-Halloran, Jan 2, 2009.

1. apparently it was still open to resort guests and annual passholders - not sure which phase of closing it was ... wow - Disney must be enjoying the numbers!

2. highland3

highland3 Member

WOW!!! ; That's busy.

3. realfam

realfam Member

Interesting....why anyone would wanna go on such a busy day is beyond me!

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

My BFF's Lindsay, Paris, Micheal, Miley and I booked the park for my private b'day event.
    JoBro's, Ashley Tilsdale, & Tray and Gaberiella also showed up.
    It got really strange when Adam Sandler freed the guinea pig Bugsy after the rodent ate too many burritos. Not pretty.

5. cute hamham...

here's a description of the phase closing at WDW - apparently, it was phase iv and phase ii during parts of the day on Dec.31st... seeing different reports of the numbers at MK - incredible...

> Phase I: Guests with non-hopper-type Magic Your Way base tickets or Single Day/Single Park Tickets, guests without admission, and Cast Members using certain types of CM admission are turned away at the entrances to the parking lots.

> Phase II: Disney Resort guests, Annual/Premium Annual Passholders, guests with park hopper tickets, and guests re-entering the same park on the same day are admitted, but only if they arrive using Disney resort transportation or a taxi.

> Phase III: Disney Resort guests and Annual/Premium Annual passholders are admitted; however, they must arrive using Disney resort transportation.

> Phase IV: The parks are closed to all incoming guests. There is no incoming transportation of any kind.

6. scratch

scratch Member

We went to HS! ; Knew not to venture into MK!LOL

The crowds were heavy but word is that it won't be bad for the upcoming Christmas/NY season as bookings are way down! ; so 2009 might be the time to go!LOL

With Pleasure Island closed, there were only 3 venues that were "officially" celebrating the New Year! ;

I was told by a local that it was at Phase IV.

7. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

That's the info I have too. ; By 12 noon! ; :eek: