Various Resort Christmases!

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Dec 21, 2011.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Since I posted the Yacht Club miniature Christmas Village shots, I thought it might be a good idea to share some of the Christmas decoration in a bunch of the other resorts too - last week I toured many different resorts to try to get a look at their Christmas decorations or trees...so here are some of the various resort Christmases from this year:

Animal Kingdom Lodge Christmas tree:
    [​IMG]

The Yacht Club village is in the other thread, so here's the Yacht Club tree:
    [​IMG]

At the Beach Club, they've got the food carousel, made of gingerbread and chocolate:
    [​IMG]

Polynesian has the Christmas tree decorated with fruits and tropical flowers:
    [​IMG]

Grand Floridian has their huge Christmas tree decorated with mini-elevator cars:
    [​IMG]

As well as a huge gingerbread-and-chocolate house which actually has a store inside:
    [​IMG]

Wilderness Lodge's soaring lobby tree:
    [​IMG]

And other pine-themed ornamentation and lights:
    [​IMG]

Even a wreathed fireplace:
    [​IMG]

I'd like to have made it to a few more, but that's as many as we could squeeze in during our 4 day trip and still have time for the parks! ; Next Christmas, I need to get out to Ft. Wilderness again, and maybe hit a few others like Port Orleans and Caribbean Beach. ; And I'll likely repeat a few of these again too, since they are all favorites of mine during the holidays!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great set Justin! ; I really like the 3 towering lobby trees. ; I did those three 2 years ago and cant wait to do it again next Dec!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Love this Justin. ; Makes me long for Christmas at WDW.

4. zackiedawg

Thanks Chris - I miss it already.

5. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Makes me miss Christmas at Walt Disney World! It's only been a couple of weeks since we saw all of this, but I already miss it! Nice work, Justin.

6. zackiedawg

Thank you - sorry I missed your reply - somewhere between Christmas rush, a few wonkys in the forum, and now the new forum overhaul, I'm just realizing I hadn't noticed your reply!

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great stuff Justin! ; I really need to try and get to AKL before they take the decorations down. ; If not, definitely next year.

8. zackiedawg

We should try to add it into the AK day at Pixelmania...if we can't do it officially, maybe an 'unofficial' visit like some of us did at the last December Pixelmania, heading over for dinner at Jiko after the park (and I can park my car there that day to get us home easier again).

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I think the decorations are supposed to be up until jan. 10th, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

10. PolynesianMedic

I would be ok with a resort tour to see the decorations for Pixelmania 2012.

11. zackiedawg

I think we've tentatively planned one for the Epcot resort area...but not sure if any other is scheduled. ; AKL is so far out though that it rarely would make the list of resorts to tour...that's why it seems good to add it in on AK day. ; It worked out nicely for our Jiko dinner last time - I drove over in the AM, hopped the bus to AK, then after AK, 4 of us headed to Jiko for dinner, and when done, back to my car - dropped off others at their resorts and headed back to mine. ; In case we decide to do it again...I'm all for it!

12. PolynesianMedic

That could work.

13. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Chernabog1940 likes this.
  14. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Chernabog1940 likes this.
  15. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Scottwdw likes this.
  16. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

It was a Frozen gingerbread tree theme last year.

17. zackiedawg

Old thread indeed - all my original photos are gone! Here's a newer one from Christmas 2017 season:
    [​IMG]

18. zackiedawg

Yacht Club rear entrance on a very cold night:
    [​IMG]

19. zackiedawg

Dolphin done up in Christmas night light colors:
    [​IMG]

20. zackiedawg

Wilderness Lodge Christmas Tree: