Upgrading my MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Scottwdw, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

After 5 years of running a 15" MacBook Pro Retina with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD space, I upgraded to a MacBook Pro 16" with 64GB RAM and 4TB SSD space.

[​IMG]

Being Apple, I had to spend about $100 for the cables needed to do the migration (USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter and Thunderbolt 2 Male to Male Cable). If anyone is considering the same kind of upgrade, contact me as I will give you a sweet deal on the cables of which I will never use again.

The migration only took about an hour and once I transferred one software license and re-signed into my Adobe account, I was good to go. With the added space I installed Photoshop again since I subscribe to it. Going to have to relearn it and try my had at fancy composites and such. Note, last weekend I had updated the old Mac to the latest MacOS making the migration much less complicated. Time well spent.

2. gary

gary Member

typing this on my new iMac, man this thing is sweet, so fast, and having the 2 large monitors is so nice for editing

Scottwdw likes this.
  3. gary

gary Member

and do not do what i did, one of the reasons i now have this smoking hot tower set up is because i left the 15 inch Mac Pro plugged in for 4 years and fried/bulged the battery case, laptops are not really meant to serve as fixed home desktops. but i have to admit, having 64 gigs of ram, and ungodly muscles for processing is pretty sweet, this thing manhandled those huge files from the a7r4 in a split second, when i do a lightroom edit my finger hardly lifts off the key and it's done. the only bottleneck in the whole system is i need a faster card reader, my fast cards are throttled down it seems during import

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Scottwdw likes this.