Upcoming WDW Trip

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by Scottwdw, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I will be commuting to WDW parks from September 6th through the 9th (2016). If anyone is visiting during this time let me know. If any locals would like to get together, drop me a note here.

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Missing you by a week - headed up Sep 16th thru 19th.

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

I miss both of you by a month.

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Oh, bummer! Anything you are wanting to cover? I might do it and be able to give you tips of what to do and what NOT to do. :rolleyes:

Will miss Pixelmania this year. Getting in a trip before hockey season starts up this year.

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Yeah I have zero chance this year as well.

Tripped out - did three trips last year (India, DL for anniv weekend, NYC at Xmas)
    This year it was Estes Park and Yellowstone, Minecon 2016 (I am leaning towards paying for one night of Twilight tix), and ....

Taylor Swift conflicts with Pixelmania this year. Odd thing is, they are throwing in the Formula Un US Grand Prix the same weekend included with the concert tickets...so I might as well go to that too.

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Maybe next year. We'd love to shoot with you again.

QUOTE="Scottwdw, post: 122240, member: 58"]
    Will miss Pixelmania this year. Getting in a trip before hockey season starts up this year.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you won't be there this year. I had my fingers crossed for that blue hour lesson. Maybe next year?

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Taylor Swift and a Grand Prix...sign me up! :D Darn hockey season.

Michael....I know, I owe you one. Check my blog for blue hour posts. Good apps to use, the rest you can figure out. It would sure be more fun to do it at Lambeau field though! o_O

mSummers likes this.
  8. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Unfortunately for me, as usual, I can't make the fall Pixelmania either. Will be headed up again in December as usual, where Pixelmania would have been.

Having just gotten back from Disney in late July, I got to catch up on a lot of the new stuff - saw the Tree of Life night display, the Jungle Book show was canceled my night but I don't think I missed much, saw the new Frozen ride and M&G areas plus the new DVC member lounge, and roamed pretty much all of the Disney Springs expansion. This next trip, probably my only big plans are to make sure I check out the Tiffin's restaurant area which I didn't see last month, and hopefully they might have the new nighttime Animal Kingdom light & water show up and running. I'll be up there right at the start of Food & Wine, which is mostly what I'll be hitting Epcot for...and they are opening the Chase Lounge again in American Adventure's 3rd floor which is another nice place to grab a free drink and relax when it's hot out.

9. mSummers

mSummers Member

If only my Dad would have put my name on the list when I was born. If he had I would almost have tickets now.

Scottwdw likes this.
  10. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

lol...the joys of having a tween daughter...in probably the ONLY chance to see Taylor Swift without going to Dallas or Houston.

Scottwdw likes this.
  11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Enjoy...I saw her way back when she was just starting out. She was the first opening act for Brad Paisley after releasing her first album. She was good but she just exploded after that. Her staging (which she designs herself) are supposed to be incredible.