Touring Plans

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by Northernmouse, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Has anyone ever used any of the touring plans in the Unofficial Guide To Disney? We are thinking of trying them for our first day at each of the parks and wonder if they save as much time as they claim.

2. highland3

highland3 Member

Never really looked a thtme, but maybe for next year...

3. Treelo

Treelo Member

We looked at them, but we're not really into the regimented approach to Disney. ; If we had kids and/or it was a first trip, then we might look at it differently, but for us the "play is by ears" (ok... bad pun) approach works best.

4. I've looked at them, and they do give a good recommended approach. ; I think it's really important to know what is key for you to see each day. ; Get the park hours and emhs from your Disney TA (I build a spreadsheet for clients that has everything in one spot, including dining res) and plan your attack each day - if you plan out the fastpasses, and know where you want to be (roughly - at least which park) you'll have a much better way of going thru. ; But, I personally don't endorse the "go straight to ride xyz, get fastpass, go then to ride abc" sort of approach - I'd rather know what I'd really want to see in each park that particular morning or whatever (e.g., parade at 3pm), what time my res is for dining; and then go with the flow seeing how kiddies are and how crowds are. ; If there are no lines for Goofy's Barnstormer, my DD8 will ride that til the cows come home - I'd never pull her off of it so we could get to ride xyz by 11 am. ; But that's just me.

In mho, it's best to come up with a basic plan, and find what works for your particular family. ; Take care of the big things (e.g. dining res, parades and/or fireworks) and let the little things sort themselves out.