Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Joanie Eddis-Koch, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Follow the link for a description:
    OUR PARTY DATE IS THURSDAY DEC. 5TH
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/most-merriest-town-square-party/

• Advantages: Food and DRINK from 9:30pm until 12:30 pm plus
    • Reserved viewing for 11pm Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade on Main Street, U.S.A.
    • Egg Nog
    • Did I mention Egg Nog?
    • All you can drink Egg Nog.
    • Egg Nog with rum!
    • Rummy, rummy Egg Nog!!!!!!
    My husband Karl and I are doing this. The tickets are limited so if you are thinking of doing this it might be prudent to book now. The price is $99 plus tax.

Yes it's pricey, especially in light of the mandatory party ticket purchase. It is however a meal, with bottomless alcohol and a guaranteed spot in the golden parade shooting location.

I'm getting concerned that Disney is really overselling these Holiday parties. The Halloween parties this year are a cluster cluck of wall to wall people. I am starting to think that getting rip roaring drunk while experiencing these parties is the way to go.

I don't drink so it will only take me 1 drink to get drunk. At least if I go down in a tragic gondola accident (Note to Disney, it was an ACCIDENT, not "unplanned downtime") I'll be feeling no pain.

Yay.

~Joanie

Nancy AK and WDWFigmentGary like this.
  2. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I've seen some of the things you'll do when you're not drunk, so seeing what happens when you're drunk might actually be worth the price of admission alone. :)

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Looks like I'll have to buy another $100 Disney gift card to join the peanut gallery.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  5. We can stroll the reserved parade area like supermodels on the runway, taunting all of our friends in the cheap seats in Frontierland, mwa, ha, ha...

6. I can not like this post enough...
    ~Joanie

7. ddindy

OK, I'm in.

8. So are you saying we cannot take over the flag pole area like in 17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ddindy

Only for the first parade.

10. What one are we shooting that night?

11. What one are we shooting that night?

12. ddindy

The working schedule has us shooting the first parade followed by the fireworks. But you know most of us always shoot the second parade, too.

Nancy AK and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.
  13. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

For $99 we get Egg Nog :) Or Egg Nog with Rum, and Appetizers :) ? After our fantastically awesome spot for the second parade, then we can go back and eat and drink till 12:30?
    What time is the first parade? Then fireworks then second parade?

WDWFigmentGary likes this.
  14. ddindy

We don't know the party schedule yet. Last year, the parades were at 8:30 and 11 with fireworks at 10. Once the parties start after Halloween, we'll be able to finalize and release the schedule.

15. gary

gary Member

I AM IN

16. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

My ticket purchased.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  17. In case you're on the fence about whether or not you should purchase tickets to Tony's during the party, this article dissects the problems that people are experiencing as they attend these holiday parties.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/heavy-crowds-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

Reading this article will help you to understand what will most likely happen at the Christmas party and why.

This is why I bit the bullet and purchased the tickets to this additional party at Tony's.

I guess we can add the holiday parties to the ever expanding list of things that Disney is f****** up for guests.

~Joanie

18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I guess I’m in too... just booked the “ticket” for it.

19. gary

gary Member

i figure 2/3 of it is what i would have spent at a sit down meal, i am on vacation, it is my only trip to disney in 2019, and i get my first gummint check this month, so i owe myself a little treat for 50 years of continuous employment

20. Josh posted an updated review of this party dining experience. https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/r...-party-at-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/

Let's not kid ourselves... the food they serve at this party would be exactly what we would be serving if we hosted a catered party at home.

I am looking forward to a stress free party experience thanks to the reserved parade viewing spot. The food and alcohol is looking good as well.

This event is open from 9:30 to 12:30 so that makes it easy to buzz back in at midnight and hit the food and beverages again.
    ~Joanie