TMIP Mousefest 2007 Events

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

List is subject to change... there is a possibility of adding one more meet if popular demand says so ... :)

TMIP MEETS:

Date Time Location Meet Description
    12/6/2007500pmTomorrowland Noodle TerraceIntroduction to PhotographyTim Devine from The Magic in Pixels sits down with photography enthusiasts to teach you the basics of photography, from terminology, to camera modes, to basic rules of composition. If you ever wanted to improve your photography skills, this is a great place to start.
    12/7/20071200pmPangani Forest TrailTMIP Animal HuntJoin Tim and The Magic in Pixels Community on a wild animal hunt, using your camera as your primary weapon. We will meet at the entrance to Pangani Forest Exploration Trail near the Safari and after walking through that attraction, move over to the Maharajah Jungle Trek and walk through that as well. Open to all skill levels, bring your big lenses if you have them!
    12/8/2007700pmLights of Winter Gateway (Future World Side)Epcot Night Photo Tour
    Join Tim and The Magic in Pixels Community on night time photo tour of WDW's 2nd Theme Park. This meet is designed to help folks improve their night time photo taking. d/SLR style camera and tripods are STRONGLY recommended. Group size could be limited for safetly concerns.
    12/10/2007800pmFantasia Gardens Mini-GolfFantasia Gardens Mini-Golf ShootoutJoin Tim Devine (The Magic in Pixels), Michael Suhrbier (Explore the Magic) and Nathan Rose (Magical Mountain) as they play golf among dancing hippos, marching broomsticks and attempt to maneuver around obstacles inspired by Disney’s Fantasia. Prizes will be given for best foursome and individual scores! All playing spots are done on a first request basis. We are limiting this meet to 24 participants so RSVP early. Cost: Adults $11.45 and Children (ages 3-9) $9.06. RSVP to tim@themagicinpixels.com

Depending on the schedule, there may be the opportunity for one more photo meet but I need suggestions. Let me know what you want to do ASAP! Please check the official schedule at Mousefest.org before suggesting to make sure time constraints allow. RSVP'S ARE STONGLY REQUESTED TO ALLOW PROPER PREPARATION! SEND EITHER EMAIL OR A PM TO TIM SO AN ACCURATE HEAD COUNT CAN BE MAINTAINED. THANKS AND SEE YOU THERE.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Sounds awesome.

I'm looking forward to the Introduction to Photography and the TMIP Animal Hunt meets. I completely forgot to go to Pangani Forest Exploration Trail last September. I hope to make up for it this September, but I'm sure Tim and the others can put in an exciting new light.

3. biblioadonis

biblioadonis Member

I am going to have to drive SOOOOO fast to make the Thursday meet!

If I can convince my brother to leave early enough, we might be able to make it!

4. danirae

danirae Member

Wow. I would LOOOOOOVE to come to that. My next trip isn't until Sept. 08. Oh it seems so far away. Maybe You will plan one then...Hint, Hint.

5. Tim

NEW TMIP photo tour - just added

Saturday, 12/8 ... 7pm at Lights of Winter Gateway (Future World Side)
    Join Tim and The Magic in Pixels Community on night time photo tour of WDW's 2nd Theme Park. This meet is designed to help folks improve their night time photo taking. d/SLR style camera and tripods are STRONGLY recommended. Group size could be limited for safetly concerns

6. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

You are making it harder and harder to stay away Tim. Didn't get enough time with Epcot at night last time.

7. Tim

i do what i can, rog. ;)

8. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

very cool! count me in!

9. Grumpwurst

Tim,

Does this mean we need to RSVP?

10. Tim

thats prolly a good idea.

11. Grumpwurst

Where would you like us to RSVP? This thread or some e-mail address you've predetermined?

12. biblioadonis

biblioadonis Member

Argh!

too much awesome stuff...too little time!

I think you can count Andy and myself in.

13. Tim

If anyone is planning on attending any of the TMIP events, please don't forget to send an RSVP to Tim so a good head count can be maintained. Thanks for your consideration with this request and see you there.

14. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

We just booked our trip last night and realized that we will be down for MouseFest. ;D The Epcot night time tour sounds so amazing! As soon as I know we are registered, I will definitely signing up for some events!

Karen

15. megreader2003

megreader2003 Member

Quote '12/6/2007 500pm Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace Introduction to Photography Tim Devine from The Magic in Pixels sits down with photography enthusiasts to teach you the basics of photography, from terminology, to camera modes, to basic rules of composition. If you ever wanted to improve your photography skills, this is a great place to start.' end quote.

I have a suggestion/request... Why don't you record the Intro to photo meet (see above) and create a download for those of us who won't be able to make it to Mousefest?

I understand, Tim, you are a little shy and don't like to record yourself. However, I think this particular meet would lend itself to a download or even a cd.

Not sure, what you have in mind for the other meets, but maybe they would make a nice download too.

What does everyone else think?

16. Tim

i think that's a great idea, meg. good chance of it happening.

17. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

Sounds like a good idea to me. We just ned to find someone with a digital camcorder to record some of the meets.

18. scpergj

scpergj Member

Since I just live up in Jacksonville, I'm thinking about driving down just for this. Do you have to be registered with mousefest or anything like that to attend, or just send an RSVP? I took some very nice pictures last weekend with my new D80, but the few good night shots I got were pure dumb luck (but some probably would have been better if I'd brought my tripod)!

Thanks!

Kevin

19. Tim

all you have to do is show up. you can register for mousefest if you are inclined to help defray costs for the entire week's worth of events but it is entirely optional. to attend anyone's "meets" there is no obligation to do anything other than show up. i ask for rsvp's just to gauge interest and to be able to be prepared for the audience at said events. hope to see you there.

for more "official" mousefest information, go to www.mousefest.org

20. scpergj

scpergj Member

Tim

Thanks for the quick answer. Not sure if I'll make it yet (I'll RSVP beforehand if I can), especially since we'll be there the following weekend to see the lights at MGM and MK, but I hope to make it!

I'd love to make Mousefest, but I have a major project due at work that week, the kids are still in school, and my wife only gets 10 days vacation a year...so, not this year, hopefully in the near future!

Kevin