Tips for going in August

Discussion in 'Photography 101' started by Scubamickey, Jun 2, 2010.

1. AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK Member

I would highly suggest a Disney photo pass cd. ; They run around $100 but there are photo pass photographers everywhere. ; We loved it, packed in a point and shoot and let the photo pass guys shoot us.

I did take my camera into epcot and Hollywood studios one day each which was a bit of a hassle last time we went. ; I will likely take my think tank belt this time and take one photog day for myself and perhaps just take an ungripped t2i in a holster with a lens or two a couple days else ways. ; But I think my daughter would become quite the brat if I packed a camera in every day.

For us, a point and shoot is a daily need, but the photo pass cd allows us to get pictures while not neglecting my family.

As for keeping your camera dry, my think tank and Lowe pro bags have pull out rain colors. ; Keeping your camera warm will help too, definitely keep a micro fiber cloth or two close. ; I also recomend a lens pen for when you have to clean your lens quickly. ; I would not take off the filter to clean it though, but that is just me.

Keep yourself hydrated! ; Disney allows you carry in water and snacks. ; But the non-bottled water tends to be hot and taste nasty. ; We took in the little lemonade packets to put in the water. ; And we took chocolate free granola bars too. ;

The gift shops are air conditioned in case you get really hot and need to cool off.

2. Deano

Deano Member

i'm heading in september, been loads of times but this is the first time i'm taking my dslr. never thought there would be so many problems. i may have to rethink this