tigers

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by gary, Nov 8, 2006.

1. gary

gary Member

one of my favorite photo subjects, we have 6 cats and these bigger kitties sometimes act just like the smaller ones
    i also have one of my tiger photos over on the ak section of allearsnet, it's one i feel i can show to anyone
    gary

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

here's one of my favorite tiger photos...

taken with the canon 75-300 is/usm lens...

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

3. Dan

Dan Member

Well I can't quite touch either of those. Gary, yours looks JUST like Shere Khan to me.. I mean yeah, I know that Shere Khan is a tiger.. but that one really reminds me of a cartoon tiger, in an abstract way it looks like it's smiling.
    Tim, well.. they never behave like that for me.

So instead, I present you with tongue, and sleepy. Sleepy was shot through glass, and highly post processed to get rid of the white reflection of the light behind me, it's still lacking in sharpness because of the glass. Tongue isn't spectacular, but at least it's a bit unique.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. DisneyDame

DisneyDame Member

Well, this is a wet tiger.... no where near as nice as the previous shots, but it's the only tiger shot I have that doesn't have either some body part of my son's in it, or is of the tiger's backside. :-\

5. ilene

ilene Member

I could watch the tigers for hours.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Tim

awesome shots, ilene. so THAT's what L glass does, huh? now i am really stoked for mousefest.

7. ilene

ilene Member

Sorry to burst your bubble, Tim, but both of those were taken with the old 75-300mm IS.
    However, I'm sure you will be thrilled with your new lenses, and I'm looking forward to seeing lots of great new photos!

8. Tim

quite the contrary, ilene. if that's non-L glass, then that's even better. but no matter, what glass it was, they are great shots.

9. Dan

Dan Member

Mine were L. And they weren't as sharp and nice. Hmm.. ya'know, there's a lesson in this somewhere....

Actually, my second one was taken through glass, which is the best way to totally spoil everything a high quality lens gives you. And I was fighting a strong reflection in post processing. My first one.. well, I have no excuses there.

Nice shots ilene, especially the second, I like the angle. It feels very up close and personal.

10. gary

gary Member

great shots, and it makes me feel good, just yesterday i rented the new 70-300 4.5-5.6 IS for 2 weeks to bring to wdw and give it a go on the safari ride, i'm thinking of getting this lens for the european cruise next year since it's light and not real conspicuous and this is my chance to put it through it's paces, i'll still bring the 70-200 f4 L so i can do a little comparison
    isn't it funny how many of us are tiger shooters, they really are fun to shoot
    gary

11. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Wow! You all captured some very nice natural poses! ;D

12. joedisney

joedisney Member

My favorite AK cat photo! Shot with canon 20D/70-200 f4
    [​IMG]

13. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Wow, joedisney. You really have to teach me how to shoot like that. :)