The TMIP Picture of the Day Thread

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by Tim, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

HAPPY HALLOWISHES!

[​IMG]

"Happy Hallowishes!"
    by Tim Devine

The night-time fireworks spectacular during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
    Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, 15 sec, f/16, ISO 100
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5, RAW Conversion
    Photo taken 10/21/2011.

Cinderella Castle, Fantasyland, Magic Kingdom

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great catch Tim!

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

How was the perimeter bursts from that location? ; Did anyone get a photo of them?

4. Tim

You could see them from there, but you would need a really really wide lens to get the photo.

5. Tim

"Honest Abe"

[​IMG]

Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, 1/15 sec, f/5.6, ISO 12800
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5, RAW Conversion, Grainy Black/White Conversion, Warp/Drop Shadow Action
    Photo taken 6/19/2011.
    Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln, Main Street USA, Disneyland

6. Tim

Christmas Countdown 12/11/2011
    [​IMG]

Technical Details: ; Canon 5dMk2, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, 4 sec, f/11, ISO 100
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5, RAW Conversion
    Photo taken 11/8/2010.

7. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

Very sharp!! Nice one Tim!

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Love it, on my to-do list for next Dec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Tim

"Yacht and Beach Club Lighthouse"

[​IMG]

This unique image was captured during Pixelmania 2011. ; As we were leaving Epcot to go to Beaches and Cream, there was nobody at the top of the Flying Jib slide at Stormalong Bay at Disney's Beach Club so I went to the top of the slide and asked the lifeguard if he wouldn't mind me taking a few photos from up at the top. ; He happily obliged, telling me that I was the first guest he had seen in the past half-hour or so, as it was fairly chilly and windy that night. ; The picture you see here represents the best of the bunch that I had taken. ; Hope you enjoy and please leave your comments underneath!

Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, 2 sec, f/5.6, ISO 400
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5 Raw Conversion, Custom pseudo-HDR conversion
    Photo taken 10/20/2011.
    ;
    Stormalong Bay, Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, Walt Disney World, Florida

10. Tim

"Yacht and Beach Club Lighthouse"

[​IMG]

This unique image was captured during Pixelmania 2011. ; As we were leaving Epcot to go to Beaches and Cream, there was nobody at the top of the Flying Jib slide at Stormalong Bay at Disney's Beach Club so I went to the top of the slide and asked the lifeguard if he wouldn't mind me taking a few photos from up at the top. ; He happily obliged, telling me that I was the first guest he had seen in the past half-hour or so, as it was fairly chilly and windy that night. ; The picture you see here represents the best of the bunch that I had taken. ; Hope you enjoy and please leave your comments underneath!

Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, 2 sec, f/5.6, ISO 400
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5 Raw Conversion, Custom pseudo-HDR conversion
    Photo taken 10/20/2011.
    ;
    Stormalong Bay, Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, Walt Disney World, Florida

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Love it!

12. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Tim!

13. Tim

The Walt Disney World Railroad

[​IMG]

This seldom-seen image of the Walt Disney World Railroad features Engine #1 (Walter E. Disney) parked in station at the new (and beautiful) Fantasyland Station in the Storybookland Circus portion of the Fantasyland. ; The image was captured using a Manfrotto Magic Arm and Super Clamp with the camera mounted and hanging well over the railing in order to get this shot. ; I took the shot at f/16 in order to get the burst look from the engine's headlamp; the effect is achieved due to the aperture blades inside of the lens barrel.

Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, 30 sec, f/16, ISO 200
    Photo taken 4/3/2012.

Walt Disney World Railroad, Fantasyland, Magic Kingdom

14. gary

gary Member

great shot, good train skillz, we should have a philly or bawlmur train meet sometime with michael and any others that want to attend. some system that has day passes so we can get on and off as desired.

15. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I love this shot Tim! ; I see that arm works wonderfully! ; @Gary, you are going to want that arm he is using.

16. Tim

Thanks, fellas. ; Only has to wait a few mins for the train to come and park. ; It was a cool thing to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

That is an awesome shot Tim!

18. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very well done indeed! ; Looks like that clamp is now on the list of "stuff" I need!

19. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Very nice shot Tim. The new look of the Train Station is great.

20. Tim

Even Crocs do EMH!

[​IMG]

Sometimes Cast Members come up with the coolest ideas. ; CM Miguel, who was working Dinoland near Restaurantosaurus the night of 4/4/12, asked me and my friend Jeff if we had ever tried a night time shot of the American Crocodile in the display in Dinoland. ; We said of course not since it was so dark, but with the help of several other Cast Members and a few cell phone and pen lights, we created our own make-shift lighting rig and were able to get this shot. ; We did not ask the gator to see his room key or park ticket, however.
    ;
    ; ;
    Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, 30 sec, f/4, ISO 400
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5 Raw Conversion
    Photo taken 4/4/2012.
    Dinoland USA, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Walt Disney World