The Mexico Volcano green missle!

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by zackiedawg, Jul 1, 2013.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I happened to catch the Mexico pavilion's volcano missle, completely unplanned...I was stopping to take a snap of the scene this past week, and noticed just as I was framing the shot that the green burst was beginning at the volcano's mouth - I was shooting handheld with my Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 lens, so I snapped a quick shot as it started, and another as the missle was flying out. ; I can't remember ever catching it in a shot before, so it was cool to finally get it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Nice catch, Justin. ; I don't think I've ever stood there long enough to notice that.

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

I didn't know the volcano did that. Cool shot!

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I'm with the others, no clue about that thing, was wondering from the post name what this was going to be. ; Very cool!

5. Pops

Pops Member

I agree, been going to EPCOT since it opened and never heard about this. What neat stuff you can learn from these boards. ; Thanks Justin

6. zackiedawg

Thanks guys. ; I learned about it a few years back - it's something like every 20 minutes or so - though I don't know if it's on a precise schedule. ; It's sort of a 'hidden mickey'-like easter egg. ; I've seen it several times, but never had a camera ready when it happened until this time!

7. ELinder

ELinder Member

Neat, I also didn't know it did that. Does it land with a bang, or fade out as it flies?

Erich

8. zackiedawg

I don't think it pops or goes bang...I seem to recall it tracks all the way through the sky behind the pyramid and fades out. ; It first lets you know it's happening by giving that little green sparkle at the mouth of the volcano for a second or two before ejecting the missle.

9. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Actually guys, this is a part of the Agent P thing. ; It was a part of the Kim Possible thing as well. ; My son is 9 and we have done it a few times.

10. zackiedawg

I've heard that Jeff - but I'd love to know the history of it - because I thought for sure that the green missle has been there longer than the Agent P game. ; I thought it actually predated even the Kim Possible game, but don't know for sure...maybe now it's more frequent because it's tied to the game?

11. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I don't remember ever seeing it before the Kim Possible game, but maybe I am just not remembering it.

12. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Thanks for showing us this Justin! I never knew it did that either. I happened upon like you, pure luck. I was just playing with the nex trying to push its limits in the dark, enjoying the empty restaurant.

Attached Files: