The Epcot Thing re-cap

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Tim, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

well, the epcot thing has come and gone but left tons of memories in the minds of all who attended. I will be posting photos and stories here, and there was tons of audio recorded that will be played on the podcast in upcoming weeks. The atmosphere was electric and not even a torrential downpour could ruin the festivities. Thanks to all who attended for helping to create such a great day.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I can't wait to read all about it. I really wish I could have been there. Another podcast posted the fireworks show last night, and it looks like it was great. I wish I could have been there to experience it in person. :(

3. Tim

By the way, I am working on the photos from the 25th anniversary re-dedication of epcot ceremony right now. Think I had a good view?
    Yeah, that would be front and center right on the rope in front of the crowd, right next to Jeff Lange of jefflangedvd.com

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Phew! Beats my view...but then again, my viewing spot had shade for the whole rededication...which is why I picked it! ;)

Had a great time - still haven't unpacked. I got back this afternoon, and had to wash 50 million love bugs off the front of my car (I'm shocked there are any of the species still alive based on how many were squished on my car). The rain was typical Florida stuff - off and on, but never really long enough to stop anyone from doing what they wanted. Really, only Saturday afternoon had some more serious downpours that forced us to run for cover a few times - Monday's Epcot day had some brief passing showers here and there, but the weather gods were kind enough to part the clouds for each of the daily events.

It was great to meet Tim again, and to finally meet a few of the names in person, like Mike, Jeff, and Nathan. Many thanks to all who put on this event - it was a great Disney memory and I was proud to have been there for this. Maybe by the weekend, I'll sort through some of my photos and put them up in here too! The rededication was a great moment to cherish, the original music throughout the park brought back great memories, Jeff Lange and Ron Schneider's tour was fun, the Raglan Road meet was great, and Illuminations...WOW...My spine was tingling and my eyes watering - just an awesome explosive finale! (sorry, I couldn't find the group for Illuminations...I went back to my room after the walking tour to freshen up and grab dinner since the Rose & Crown was sold out - by the time I got the bus back to Epcot and got to the World Showcase lake, it was just a few minutes before Illuminations).

Anyway, back to work for me, and hopefully I can post some of my shots by the weekend!

5. Tim

great seeing you again, justin. thanks for the good times.

6. DisneyVixen

DisneyVixen Member

This event really was one for the record books. I had a great time at EPCOT's 25th and the Raglan Road event. I hope everyone else has a great time as well. I'm so glad I got to meet so many great people and make so many awesome memories. And for the record... Tim is my favorite ham!

7. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

You guys are really making regret not going. Oh well. Just bad timing I guess. I've got 2 1/2 weeks slated for Disney next year and a Napa trip at the end of this month ... squeezing in another long Disney weekend just wasn't in the cards.

Hope everyone had a blast and I can't wait to see the recap and photos.