The "EPCOT THING" Preliminary Schedule

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Tim, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i noticed that too, but hopefully people will figure that one out on their own. (hopefully)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

The "EPCOT THING" UPDATED Schedule

Sunday September 30th, 2007 - Pre-Meet Schedule:

* 7:30 Raglan Road Shandy Gathering (RSVP Required) - Kick off the celebration at Nathan's favorite restaurant with Magical Mountain and Shandy, of course! Starting at 7:30pm Raglan Road will be closing off a section of their resturant for us. The space can only hold about 40 people so RSVP is required.

Door prizes donated by Surplus Kingdom. Including the Main door prize of an entire Grand Floridian Resort & Spa hotel room set including a bedspread, pillowcase, tables, chairs, chest of drawers, and more!

Monday Oct 1st, 2007

* 07:30 Boardwalk Inn - This meet is designed for those who need coffee before our 9 am meet. Join us at Epcot's World Showcase entrace hotel for some joe and to walk with us to Epcot.
    * 9:45 Official Rededication Ceremony - To start off "The Epcot Thing" Celebration we begin our day with the official rededication ceremony at the Fountains of Nations Plaza.
    * 11:00 Explore The Wonders of Epcot - Free time. This bit of a break in the day will give everyone the opportunity to go off on their own if they please to eat and explore the wonders of Epcot.
    * 12:45 Beverlyfest - Join Nathan as he tests his gastric skills!!! Watch him attempt to take 25 shots of the infamous Italian drink, Beverly. If we can get 150 people to celebrate with us, Nathan will up the ante to 50 shots!!! This is one meet NOT to be missed!

01:30 A Tour of Epcot's Past - Meet at Spaceship Earth as we begin our tour of Epcot's Past with Jeff Lange and the original Dreamfinder, Ron Schneider. Join Jeff and Ron as they guide us through the classic Epcot attractions that are still making a big impact on all those who experience them.

* 04:45 Rose & Crown Dinner Meet (RSVP Required. Wait list available) - Enjoy great English fare with us at Rose & Crown. Be sure to let us know in advance if you plan on attending!!! As of right now, we have ONLY waitlist available. Make sure you send us an email if you are interest just in case someone else can't make it!!
    * 08:00 Illuminations - This is a spectacular show held daily at Epcot. Why not see this wonderful presentation with all of the Magical Mountaineers? Make sure to meet us at the Candian Pavillion McDonalds Fry Cart at 8:00 pm sharp so we can all go together to find a great spot.
    * TBD Adventures Club - For the late nighters (immediately following Illuminations) For all you night owls, join us at the Adventurer's Club for some fun and "winding down" time. You may even be picked to be part of the show!

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

This really sounds like a good time, I wish that I could join you all there. Have fun.

4. nrose101

nrose101 Member

5. PolynesianMedic

Thanks Nathan!

6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Getting closer! Just a little over 24 hours from now, I'll be in my car headed north for WDW!

I'll be at Saratoga Springs for this stay - if anyone else is in Saratoga this weekend, let me know and maybe we could meet up before the Epcot thing. Otherwise, I'll see everyone at Raglan on Sunday night.

BTW - When is everyone else headed to Disney for this event - Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? Just wondering!

7. Tim

i will be there early saturday morning. see you there.

8. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Excellent. See you there! Finishing up a day at the office so I can clear out of here around 3pm and beat the rush hour traffic through Palm Beach and get on up to Disney!

9. PolynesianMedic

Have a great day everyone! I wish I was on my way there! I am jealous of you all. I have to settle for a weekend at Hershe Park. Oh well, I will try to get some nice pics to post here. Can't wait to hear all about the event.

10. Tim

off to the epcot thing. If you are going, see you real soon. Looking forward to meeting everyone there.

11. Tim

BREAKING NEWS: First pics of Epcot 25th Anniversary Mechandise

(reposted from Magical Mountain)

Jeff Lange checking in from the NFFC Disneyana sale. A preview of the Epcot 25th Anniversary Limited Edition shirts was on display. These are limited to 1982 shirts and offered as a limit of two per customer. I know I will be trying to get one. I also spoke with Rob (above), the designer of the line and more great Retro Epcot Center items are coming soon.

The special items are as follows: Epcot 25th Anniversary T-Shirt, Figment special plush with the old Epcot logos emblazoned on his coat, and a commemorative watch that features a light up wand over Spaceship Earth. The entire line is very tastefully done and beautifully done. 2 days to go!

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

12. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Re: BREAKING NEWS: First pics of Epcot 25th Anniversary Mechandise

darn
    darn
    darn
    darn
    darn
    darn
    darn
    darn
    darn
    darndarn
    darn
    darn
    darn
    darndarn
    darn
    darn
    darn
    darndarn
    darn
    darn
    darn
    darndarn
    darn
    darn
    darn
    darndarn
    darn
    darn
    darn
    darn

13. PolynesianMedic

^^ Ditto ^^

14. PolynesianMedic

Tim, I am hoping that you took a million photos at the finale of Illuminations. I am so upset that I couldn't be there, especially when I heard it was going to be 7 times bigger then anything else ever done. I can't wait to read reports of the day and to see pictures of it. I would even like to see a video if someone has one. Thanks for letting me live through you.