T.J., Hollywood Tower Hotel Bellman

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by Tim, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Had the opportunity to photograph T.J., the famous bellman of the Hollywood Tower Hotel last week at the Studios. ; He is ALWAYS in character, and adds another nice touch to the classic attraction.

Attached Files:

• TJ.jpg
      TJ.jpg
      File size:
      69 KB
      Views:
  2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Sounds like another Maynard. ; Nice capture!

3. Tim

that was with the sigma 50-500 OS. ; that lens is freakishly sharp, even when shooting wide open. ; a stunner.

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

But they dropped the EX designation, right?

5. Tim

It's the Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM APO Autofocus Lens
    Click here

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Awesome portrait, Tim! ; How was manhandling that lens at the parks?

7. Tim

not bad at all. ; probably used it 80% of the time when we were there. ; got some funny looks from people and was asked by security once if i was media.

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Great portrait! ; Nice work Tim

9. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

He has conveniently left out how heavy it was, and has probably one arm now that is stronger than the other. LOL!

10. Tim

it is rather heavy, but an amazing piece of glass. ; incredibly sharp and gets you into places you never dreamed. ; plus the OS really works well.

11. Love TJ! ; The last time we were there poor guy had laryngitis and his voice was almost completely gone but he stayed in character the whole time - even standing at the back of the library the whole time the video played with that odd look on his face. ; Later, he even loaded elevators giving the whole spiel with no voice. Poor guy!

12. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I got that with the Nikon 70-200VR f/2.8 when I was shooting late at DHS last December.