Still Kicking...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tim, May 27, 2014.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys, I know I've been on the milk carton for a few weeks but I have been dealing with several injuries to my family that have taken up a lot of my time. Everything is turning to the better... Karen got her walking boot taken off today and Billy's arm is healing beautifully. Not to mention working almost 60 hours in the past 4 days, etc.

Hopefully I can get back to posting and commenting very soon. Thanks for your continuing support and friendship!

2. GLUband

GLUband Member

Glad everyone is on the mend!

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

Glad to hear everyone's recovery is going well!

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Glad to hear everyone's doing better - did I miss what happened? Were they injured in the same incident or separately? Either way, glad to know they're OK and you're OK and no search parties need to be sent to find you...and good to have you back here.

5. Tim

Karen slipped down the stairs in the garage bringing in groceries and Billy fell off his bike. Two separate incidents. One major headache!

6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Wow - two separate incidents, two casts. And I guess that meant lots of jobs for you - cop, caregiver, delivery service...maybe chef, laundry, butler, assistant, etc? I don't blame you for being absent for a bit. I think I'd miss 2 or 3 days just sleeping to make up for it all!

7. ELinder

ELinder Member

Yikes! Talk about having your hands full!

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Glad all is getting bqack to "normal" for you guys!

9. Tim

Karen was in a walking boot for the better part of 4 weeks+. Wasn't allowed to drive so I would have to work night shift then come home and drive her and the kids to school. Thankfully that is all done now as she begins PT next week.

Billy went to our local hospital after breaking his forearm and they had to transfer him to Children's Hospital in Philadelphia to be treated. Went to work 6am that day, finally got home around 3am the next day. Hopefully he will be out of his cast by mid-June.

10. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

oh wow, rough couple of weeks.....

11. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Member

Seems like this is the season for injury. I have a few people in my life who are also down and out. I hope everyone in your family is feeling better.

12. Tim

Update - Karen is out of the walking boot and begins PT today. Billy was hoping to lose the long cast in favor of a shorty but it's going to have to wait two more weeks. He's very bummed.