Star Wars Weekends 2013

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by Coo1eo, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

; Hi guys. Just checking in to see if any of you will be at WDW during any of this years SWW. I will be there the weekend of May 25/26 & June 1st. Got to connect with Scott last year for a DHS Photo Walk & that was great. Lots of fun by all that attended. Let me know if any of you are going to be there during that time. I would love to say hi to you if you are. ; 8)

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'll be there for the first weekend, May 17-19. ; If anyone else is there, look me up.

3. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

I'll be there on June 6,7,8. I'd be happy to meet up If anyone is there then.

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I am trying to find the time/funding to go to one of these this year. ; My boys would love it. ;

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I almost decided on a solo trip Memorial Day weekend since we were given an extra day off. ; The 24 hours at MK was a big factor, but funds won out (or lack of extra funds).

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I am going to be there the 1st. ;

7. I'm a day late and a dollar short finding this thread, but I did make it to SWW for the final weekend. I waited for about 6.5 hours in front of the stage to get a front row, center spot for the final day of Hyperspace Hoopla. I waited about 3 hours the day before when I finally gave up and went back to the hotel after enduring a fierce thunder storm, sitting out in the rain, with 2 other nut cases.

Why you ask, did I do this?? Because when I tried to shoot the show on Friday from about 5 rows back it was a forest of other people holding up their cameras and the beloved ipads in the bottom half of ALL of my shots.

Go big or go home, so I gutted it out and got there EARLY. It was TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!

Here is a gratuitous picture of Darth Vader busting out his best Michael Jackson move.

[​IMG]
    Vader SWW 2013 by Joanie Eddis-Koch, on Flickr

~Joanie

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great shot Joanie! ; Determination won out with this! ; Lets see some more!

9. Well done Joanie. ; Shows that you definitely get what you work for!

10. ddindy

Congratulations on your fortitude, Joanie; it was well worth the wait. ; Personally, I've given up on fighting the crowds at Hoopla.

I've finally gotten around to processing my shots from the first weekend.

This stormtrooper is about to find out why having an Ewok as a pet is not a good idea.

[​IMG]
    Watch out for those trees

This tusken raider was hiding in order to ambush his companion.

[​IMG]
    Be vewwy, vewwy quiet

11. On the Dis (content) boards I read that at 9:40 am all four characters would come out for a 15 minute set. If you timed it just right you would get in line at about 9:10 am and work your way through this long line to be in the sweet spot for that 15 minute window. I sent my husband and son on the Great Movie Ride while I stalked the line to monitor whether that 9:10 estimate was on the mark. It was and we scored a shot with the Fab 4!

Essentially, I spent 3 days at Hollywood studios for Star Wars Weekends and all I did was wait in lines or stake out spots for taking pictures without going on a single ride. I was so happy with the shots ; was getting I could have cared less. Such is the life of a photo geek!

[​IMG]
    The Fab 4 plus us three SWW 2013 by Joanie Eddis-Koch, on Flickr

12. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Wow, every one of those pictures is awesome Joanie! Great timing and work to get the fan four! That's a priceless photo for your family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I did not see that second set Joanie! ; Wow!!!!! ; Making me crave this event more and more!

14. ddindy

Aurra Sing takes a little stroll through the Studios.

[​IMG]
    Agent orange

15. ddindy

It seems like every year I take a photo of Jedi Master (mistress?) Shaak Ti. ; And every year I think I should do better "next year." ; Here's my latest attempt.

[​IMG]
    Getting closer