SSE from the entrance area

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by Dan, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Dan

Dan Member

The only really interesting thing I have to say about this is that it's far wider than my current lens setup allows. I call this creative panorama, it's not that I'm looking to do a dramatic, sweeping panorama.. but my widest quality lens only goes to 28mm, which when you add in the 1.6 crop factor isn't that wide. So I create panoramas to create the same effect as if I just had a wider lens or full frame body.
    It's not ideal, but I'm not a big landscape shooter so I can deal with having to do stuff like this every so often. And it's pretty cool that I can use post processing to achieve a result similar to what I could get if I spent $700 or so on a wide lens.
    This was only two shots, shot in landscape orientation but stacked vertically instead of the typical horizontal. It worked out very easily because while the people were moving they were only in one frame. The higher shot was easy to align since there was nothing moving up there.

I did a massive high res montage of Everest a while back. Nothing fancy there either, added together it looks like a normal picture of Everest. But when you add it up it's a huge very high res file because I layered a whole matrix of shots, not just one row in any one axis. But I deleted it because I had no use for it. I mean when I'm looking to print a poster that measures at least 40 feet diagonal then I can reprocess it, but for now it's really not useful.
    And when I say 40 feet I think that's an understatement. But I've never really done the math.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

thats one of your better ones, dan. nice job with it.

3. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

here's my version. this shows pretty good the power of digital high iso (1600) and vr/is technology (hand held at 1/10 sec)

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

4. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

Couple of my favorite Entrance SSE Shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. biblioadonis

biblioadonis Member

Dan--the image is so sharp. Did you do any post enhancements to it?

6. Dan

Dan Member

I don't remember what I did to it now. I'm not a very scientific processor, every time I run an image through my computer I pretty much fly by the seat of my pants. A little auto level here (if it seems to improve the image), sometimes a slight level tweak there, maybe a little shadow/highlight adjustment, sharpen it and see if it looks any better, go back and forth between the two history states until I make a decision as to which I like more, and then quickly save it to disk before I overwork it any further.

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

dan, that one is definitely one of your better efforts. nice job with that one.

8. JeremyES

JeremyES Member

Both are great shots. They really bring home how big SSE is, its easy to forget.

9. BarbB

BarbB Member

Well, there it was on August 26th - just a few bristles left around the top.. 8)

BarbB

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

10. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

ah yes, the star stubble.