specific ride question

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by amw, Jan 20, 2009.

1. amw

amw Member

Now we're getting to the nitty-gritty of my trip planning ... ; :)

Ive mentioned before that my hubbie is not the obssessed Disney lover I am - ; :-[ - and he's not planning on going to all the parks with us each day. He'd rather go golfing alone! ; :p

I'm on my own with my 2 daughters when we do Animal Kingdom. Last trip we all tried Expedition Everest, and I really liked it - surprising since I'm not a roller coaster fan. My DDs on the other hand, who are thrill-lovers, were thrown by the monster! However, my DD6 wants to try it again now that she knows "the monster's not real." My DD8 says no-way, no-how. Here's my question ... I know about baby swap. But, can we go through the ride line together, and then have my DD8 (who will actually be 9 in a few weeks) wait at the exit while I ride with the 6-year-old? I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable leaving her alone anyways, but I wanted to know what Disney's ride policy was for older kids who chicken out.

2. Miss Megara

Miss Megara Member

Sure, you can leave your 8 year old while you ride with your 6 year old. ; I'd advise asking a cast member to stay with her. ; :)

However - if it helps convince your DD to ride - the Yeti currently can't *swipe* at the train (or even move for that matter) and Disney is not bothering to fix him. ; The Yeti is in perpetual 'B mode', which is the no-motion, strobe-light junk.

Rumor has it the Yeti foundation is cracked, seems he's even more powerful than they were anticipating. ; They are trying to figure out a way to fix it, which is proving difficult since he's burried under a mountain.

So unless you know when to look, you won't even see him. ; So if ya blink, you'll miss him, well moreso than usual. ; ::)

3. wow - that's tough. ; I have a 9 year old, and she's very mature - but it'd be very hard for me to leave her with a CM (even though she'd probably be just fine...) Since you also seem to be worried about your comfort level, it makes me think you wouldn't enjoy the ride much if you chose to do that...

Isn't there any way you could get DH to come to that park with you at some point just for this ride? (or maybe he and DD could do something special for an hour?)

4. amw

amw Member

No biggie, I think I'll skip it. I don't need to do any particular ride ... I just didn't want to take the opportunity away from the little one, especially since she was eager. We'll spend an hour getting an autograph and she'll be just as happy! ; :p