Some Scenes from the Frozen ride and Expansion, in Epcot

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by zackiedawg, Jul 31, 2016.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Just thought I'd post a few snaps from the newly expanded Norway pavilion, and the Frozen additions - since it was my first time seeing it all. Weather was atrocious - hot hot hot hot hot, and humid too - so it wasn't exactly the kind of weather to inspire you to bring the best lenses, tripods, set up for shots for 15 minutes at a time, getting the right angles, waiting for the perfect time of day, etc. More like pass by in the middle of the afternoon, take a quick snap with the kit lens, and get inside to try the ride.

But I figure some may not have seen it yet, so any shots might be appreciated, even if they're not primo-framable stuff!

A look at the expanded area between the Stave Church and Mexico, where the meet & greet stuff is held inside (I didn't bother to meet the princesses):
    [​IMG]

Some of the wall carvings and details while on line for the ride...you'll get plenty of time to see all of these details - even with the crowds low and the heat horrible, the standby was still 100 minutes...and my fast-pass still took 25!:
    [​IMG]

Now for some scenes from the ride:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Roger likes this.
  2. zackiedawg

Some more scenes from the Frozen ride:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Joanie Eddis-Koch and Roger like this.
  3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice stuff Justin! Looking forward to seeing this in Oct!

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Nice job keeping the shutter speed correct so you don't get weird colored faces in the AA's. Have to keep it to 1/60 or less or you're going to get cyan/ magenta/ etc. in the faces. Makes it a bit tougher for sure.

5. Tim

There is an homage to Maelstrom in the queue line for Anna and Elsa inside of the Royal Summerhaus...
    IMG_9878.jpg

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  6. zackiedawg

I don't recall seeing that! I wonder if I was busy looking at something else, or just looked the wrong way - but I missed that. Very cool.

7. Tim

Did you get in line to have photos with Anna and Elsa? That's where the tapestry hangs.

8. zackiedawg

Ah - that part. No, I didn't bother with that last trip - I had a fast pass for the ride, and just photographed the outside of the Sommerhaus and the ride and queue. I was probably going to do the Meet & Greet thing in a few weeks just to walk through that area.

9. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Exposure of 1/60 or less? Any other old farts remember when you had to use that rule? That's right, when taking pictures of your TV, to give it enough time to paint a whole frame on the screen. What's old is new again.

10. Tim

I have found that 1/40-1/60 seems to work best. BUT- that's gonna be a bear when it comes to taking pics on moving rides.