Shipping souvenirs north...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by readytorock, Jan 23, 2012.

1. readytorock

readytorock Member

Hi.

My family and I are planning a summer vacation to the "World," and are driving down from Montreal.

I don't know about anyone else, but every time we go anywhere, as hard as we try to limit the amount of luggage, we never seem to succeed and seeing as this will be our first Disney trip, I am sure we will have more than a few memories to bring back with us.

As such, to avoid trying to stuff everything into the car for the return trip, has anyone ever shipped items (souvenirs) back home to Canada, be it either USPS or one of the couriers (UPS, FEDEX... etc.)? ; If so, could you please share your experience(s) - customs, brokerage fees, etc.

Thank you very much. ; I appreciate the time and effort.

2. WestWind

WestWind Member

I have thought about shipping things back but we always seem to get it in the luggage. ; One trip we had to pay overweight fees at the airport and another trip we bought another luggage bag at Disneyland for extra stuff to bring home. ; Our last trip we drove so it was the perfect opportunity to bring home the larger items we wanted. ; I am also sure the World of Disney store (and maybe others) will ship your purchase for you - for a fee.

I have not tried to ship anything back from us to home. I'm sure it could be done but I don't know about the duty, customs, or other fees, sorry. ;

If you live close to the border, there may be a place on the US side you can ship to, then go and pick up your parcel when you get back? ; Just a thought.

3. 1buoy1gull

1buoy1gull Member

I've shipped things back home. ; My recommendation is use good old USPS. ; If you use a carrier they usually charge about $50 for brokerage fees to take it through customs, whereas if there is a brokerage fee with USPS it is $5