Security issue found with CS5. Solution? Buy CS6

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by Roger, May 11, 2012.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

2. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

Hey! ; I hear that the throttle on your 2011 (pick your favorite brand of car) is sticking. ; We could offer a recall and address this issue, but it is probably just easier for us to tell you to go and buy the 2012 model. ; We fixed that issue for that one...

What a joke...

3. ELinder

ELinder Member

Garbage like this will keep happening until they are forced to treat software like any other consumer product. I'm not saying perpetual support of a product, but if there is a defect (bug) they should be held accountable to fix it for a specific length of time. Some will argue the companies can't afford that, but duh, they'll pass on the cost to the consumer. I'd be willing to pony up a bit more cash up front if I know they are not going to leave me hanging in the wind as soon as it takes their fancy.

Erich

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Hey Adobe... ; You might want to Google the phrase "What not to do"

5. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

Well, I still remember the days before the web existed. ; When software companies had no choice but to get it right, NO BUGS for release - and they managed to do it! ; Now, software companies are just lazy because they can finish, or choose to fix their software if they see fit. ; They managed to write software correctly in those days and it didn't break the bank...

6. ELinder

ELinder Member

It looks like Adobe changed their minds and will fix CS5 for this problem.

Erich