Scott Kelby Digital Photography Book #4

Discussion in 'B&H, Affiliate Promotions' started by Tim, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I got an email that it shipped, not til Sat for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

You read it all already? ; Does anyone know if it is available as an ebook?

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Jeff, I'd say ask Kelby himself on G+ ; :)

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Jeff, I do believe you can download it as a Kindle e-book.

6. ELinder

ELinder Member

Yes, it is. The Kindle version is $9.99.

Erich

7. PolynesianMedic

I'll have to see if I can get it for the nook. ; I got one for Christmas from my mom.

8. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

iBooks has it for $19.99.

9. ELinder

ELinder Member

Wow, as much as I like Apple products, sometimes their pricing really makes me wonder what planet they're on. The crazy thing is, it works for them!

10. gary

gary Member

no, what's even crazier is apple has these high prices, yet i have the free kindle app on my ipad, and have already downloaded and read one of these new "singles" as they are called. these are essay length articles on just one subject that are longer that the ny times can print, but are not full books. the one i just bought cost $1.99 and is titled "fatal voyage" a very good look at what went wrong and the rescue timeline for the costa concordia wreck.

just checked, kindle version of kelby 4 is $9.99, so it's kind of like apple competes against itself, they allow the free app, and then amazon beats their butt in pricing? does apple really think that there are appleheads out there that will pay that high price just so they can brag about how much they pay for official apple products??

11. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Nook has it for $10.99

12. PolynesianMedic

Very interesting, I can't believe the iBook is $10 more than the rest.

Gary, in case you didn't see or know about it, Discovery did a show about the Concordia already and it was well put together. ; They used instructors from the Maritime University in MA I believe it was. ; Their conclusion was that if it had not been as windy as it was that night, it would have been a modern day Titanic.

13. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

It recently came out that Steve Jobs colluded with the ebook publishers to adopt a different pricing model where that resulted in them getting a larger cut. ; I think it was outed in Job's biography where he was quoted as saying something along the lines of "It will mean a higher price for the books, but isn't that what you guys want"

This was done deliberately to hurt Amazon