Reflections on the world Showcase

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by joedisney, Nov 15, 2006.

1. joedisney

joedisney Member

Here's a shot I took from the dock in front of the Italy showcase last Christmas. Shot with my Canon 20D/70-200 f4 on a tripod with remote cable. I took several of the same photo, some had the full reflection in them, but I like this one a bit better.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. barrie

barrie Member

Wow - Stunning! I just love the night time shots.

Now here's a question. Is this shot cropped? The reason I ask is because I have a Nikon D50 with a 55-200 lens. My shots from the same location do not appear this close - or this sharp. Barrie

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

excellent shot, joe. a classic that everyone takes, but rarely gets that nice. congrats!

btw...i just got the 70-200 f4L. THAT shot makes me feel very L-glass validated.

4. joedisney

joedisney Member

This is about a 75% crop, I did add a bit of unsharp mask before resizing the image and a 50 % layer of sharpening after resizing. But is was decently sharp originally.

5. joedisney

joedisney Member

Thanks, this was the first time I shot from this location at the world showcase, I was pleasantly surprised. Oh ya the L's do the trick with color and dynamic range. I am just recently finding the wonderful world of shooting in RAW, so I cant wait for my next WDW vacation.