Re-doing old rides to match new movies?

Discussion in 'Disney Theme Park Discussion' started by TheGrey, Jun 7, 2014.

1. TheGrey

TheGrey Member

What do you guys think of this? I know the Buzz Lightyear and Stitch rides were both different rides originally, and were "re-skinned", as it were, to match existing, popular Disney franchises. The Pirates of the Carribean ride also had Jack Sparrow added to it, but that's a much smaller change. I think people who liked the old rides are sad to see them changed, but kids might enjoy seeing their favorite characters in more rides. So I have mixed feelings about this. What do you guys think?

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I guess you could change the flying boats to flying sleds and make your way thru Arendelle instead of Neverland...

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

I'm not a fan of inserting new franchises into old rides. Disney ought to be able to design new rides using the latest technology instead.

4. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Member

I am ok with it, I think Disney has no choice but to go with the times. Look at Universal Orlando, they have phased out many old rides for newer rides. If nothing changes then people are going to stop coming to the parks.

Greg

5. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44 Member

I agree with Soulwatcher. Things have to change with the times or they'll be left behind. Not that I wouldn't have loved to have seen some of the stuff that used to be there, but new stuff can be fun too.
    I also agree with mSummers but acknowledge as well that they can't always make new rides for space and time reasons.

I doubt they're going to change Peter Pan for Frozen. Peter Pan's been adored for years. They already have stuff in Epcot for Frozen. Anyway, I would miss it a lot if that were to change.