Raglan Road meet at the Epcot Thing (imgs)

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by zackiedawg, Oct 8, 2007.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I didn't snap too many pics during the Raglan Road meet - I came right from Animal Kingdom and my priority was grabbing a bite to eat! Here's a few shots I took though, just to share:

Who's that guy?:

[​IMG]

The best I could do from 50 feet away with my little onboard flash...better than I expected for a P&S:

[​IMG]

Tim signing his artwork for the raffle winners of his Epcot shot:

[​IMG]

Tim, Jackie, and (here's where my memory fails me!) a friend of Jackie's:

[​IMG]

I was staying at Saratoga Springs for this trip, and had taken the boat across to Pleasure Island. When I left around 10:30pm, I caught the boat back to Saratoga - the wind had started to pick up that night, and I was afraid they were going to cancel the boats (which would have left me walking back to the busses)...but I caught the last boat back before they stopped them. The wind had kicked up waves on the lake, and made the docking a nightmare as our captain rammed into the dock and needed 3 tries to tie up the rope on the cleat! Though this is a handheld, slow-shutter mess with my P&S on a VERY moving boat...you can get the idea of the waves:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

justin, the mystery woman in your next to last shot is APRIL! HI APRIL!

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Nice photo's! I still haven't made it into Raglan Road, yet (sorry Nathan), but I have every intention of doing so on my next trip.

4. zackiedawg

Thanks Tim. My memory stinks with names! I have to try some form of mneumonic repetition method or something to have any chance of putting a name to a face after just one introduction!

Sorry to April for not identifying her.

Polynesian...it's a great place - not just the food, but the atmosphere and the music. I was completely tripping with the songs they were playing, being a bit of an alternative-rock and folk-rock fan from the 80s and 90s - every Irish band I have ever listened to was being played - Waterboys, Hothouse Flowers, Pogues, U2, Clannad, Black 47, and more. And the four gorgeous original pub bars brought straight from Ireland are wonderful. Well worth a visit!

5. AprilLizbeth

AprilLizbeth Member

No problem zackiedawg! Just shout out a month and I will probably answer.

6. zackiedawg

Thanks...that gives me 12 possibilities - much better odds of remembering one of them!

7. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I enjoyed the Raglan Road meet. My furniture should get here soon.