POTD - Universal Studios

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by ColleenMarie, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Still a nice shot Dennis. ; Night at Hogwarts is going to be hard - you would almost have to do it during a private event. ; Much too busy otherwise. ; I didn't have time to go through the ride with the big gear and then not ride....but the lockers are larger than they appear! ; Granted a full size travel tripod would probably be too much.

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Now that I've been to Hogsmeade three times, I think I would be willing to try a photo visit. ; The big trick will be getting there at night. ; Like Animal Kingdom, it seems like the park is open after dark only during high-attendance times. ; On the plus side, most people go early in the morning, so I believe it clears out late in the day.

3. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

Hmm I've never noticed this section. I didn't think it existed. Here is the start of some of my favorite shots. I guess this one can still be considered Disney.....

[​IMG]
    IOA2011-DD by 99 ReD Photography, on Flickr

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Damn, Dennis. ; I am McLovin' that shot of hogwarts. ; I need to go to universal sometime soon. ; I think billy would love it too.

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Dennis that is a great shot. ; We are going in June when my son gets out of school, and he is REALLY looking forward to it.

6. Roger

I'm sure he would. ; Wish there was a good way of predicting how busy it would be. ; Going to WWoHP on a very busy day takes away from the experience. (Hey whar footnotes whar?) ; But I should be one to talk about that. ; :p

The Jurassic Park Center was closed when I went last month for "new exhibits". ; Odd thing was, it was only closed during the time of the special event, three days. ; How convenient. ; Now that I got my full 3D PC setup at home (not the work laptop) I should go back through my shots from that weekend. ; Although my "work" shots are already on FB.

7. Roger

Hagrid's Hut in red/blue 3D:

Attached Files:

8. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Thanks, everyone.

Still lovin' the 3D, Roger.

From what I hear, WWoHP gets really busy first thing in the morning. ; But I also hear that late in the day everyone is heading out of the park, so the crowd gets a lot thinner. ; I found this to be true when I was there in November, 2010.

Maybe when we're bored with WDW we can have a Pixelmania day at UOR. ;)

9. Roger

Thanks Dennis!

I still think it's going to take off, especially with the newer no-glasses LCDs out there. ; CES in a week or so is probably going to be showcasing these heavily. ; Plus, LG/Vizio have really improved their "cinema" 3D - it uses the same glasses as the theater or the theme parks - polarized lenses, not active shutter, so that should eliminate the headaches from active shutter. ;

There are so many cameras out there that will take 3d photos now. ; Olympus has the best single lens solution out there IMHO right now.

10. Roger

Hogsmeade Station in 3D

Attached Files:

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

More great stuff!

12. Roger

Eighth Voyage of Sindbad sign: ; (this is supposedly going away soon too)

Attached Files:

13. PolynesianMedic

Today is the final day to experience Jaws.

14. Roger

Buckbeak. ; The only way to get this shot is to take it on the lifthill of the coaster.

Attached Files:

15. PolynesianMedic

Great shot! ; I guess I'll never enjoy that view. ; LOL!

16. Roger

The Hippogriff coaster is very tame. ; It's about the same as the Dragon's Coaster at Legoland. ; Or probably the future Mine Train at MK.

17. PolynesianMedic

Gotcha, well I will have to see when I get there in June.

18. Roger

Another look at the Hogwarts Express in red/blue 3D:

Attached Files:

19. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

20. PolynesianMedic

Great shot Will. ; I like the use of the B&W here. ; Very fitting.