POTD- "Stuff That Ain't There Anymore" Edition

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by Tim, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

[​IMG]

The graveyard at Ft Wilderness[nb]The one at Disneyland's Tom Sawyer Island[nb]Also gone[/nb][/nb]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

3. Roger

[​IMG]

The County Bear Jamboree was evicted in favor of a stuffed teddy bear who hangs out with a Tiger and a young Pig.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. Evad

Evad Member

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Boy do I miss that one Dave!

6. Pops

Pops Member

Any one ever visit River Country? ; I'm surprised it has not been filled in. These pictures were shot in January 2011 and no fences were climber to get the shots.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

Attached Files:

7. Pops

Pops Member

Here's a pic of the old Main Street Bake Shop staff before it closed fro Starbucks. I'm rerally going to miss that place.

[attachimg=1]

Attached Files:

8. Pops

Pops Member

I know Tim posted an exterior picture of Mickey's Toontown house earlier but here are a couple of interior shots from a few years back. ;

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Attached Files:

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Wow Pops!!! ; Seeing that slide from River Country is awesome! ; Visited there near 1980 and spent hours going down those slides!

10. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

As someone who "just started" visiting Walt Disney World in 2008, its interesting (and depressing) to see how it has changed over the years. And even though I have not been a regular visitor for the last 20 years, I still see attractions and details disappearing almost every visit. Jim Korkis is surely glad that we are documenting all these changes.

Here is one that I submitted on Flickr for Monorail Monday, but still fits in this thread:

[​IMG]
    Monorail Monday by Dave Kliment | ExploringWDW, on Flickr

11. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

MVC-843F.jpg [attachimg=1]

(Had to go back to 2002, to a still from a video camera, to find a shot of this...surprisingly I only filmed/shot this once before they took it down).

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  12. Roger

Re: POTD- "Stuff That Ain't There Anymore" Edition

Hey I got a pic of that too!

13. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I doubt that Miyuki should be lumped in with "stuff," but she's certainly not there anymore.

[​IMG]
    Candy sculptor

14. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Re: POTD- "Stuff That Ain't There Anymore" Edition

Is that Kermit's Autopsy she is making? ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. ddindy

It sure looks like it from the back, but actually it's a smiling octopus.

16. gary

gary Member

anyone know, did she elect to retire or did disney bean counters fail to see the draw of her art, she always had a crowd around her, sometimes a pretty good size one, but she did have a lot of years there

17. ddindy

I've tried to read a translation of her japanese blog. ; It kind of sounds like it was an amicable parting, but I'm not sure of the reason. ; If you can make any sense of it, let us know.

18. gary

gary Member

well it i can make out that somewhere along the line some health dept got involved with the fact that she was giving away opened candy, but i have to say i never saw even the chunkiest kid actually try to eat one of her pieces. and it almost sounds like she found a soulmate and decided to move on

19. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I am really sorry that I missed Miyuki during our November trip. ; It was on my list and we never made it over there. ; FAIL.

20. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

I am glad my granddaughter and daughter got to experience this- sorry to see her go- Just like everything else- i have to wonder- no wont even go there in this age of entitlement. Again- she was an asset to the Japan Pavillion.- She was hard to shoot in action, though-lol