POTD - random

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by haunteddoc, Nov 7, 2008.

1. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Let's start a thread where we can post random, not necessarily Disney, POTD. Thanks Tim for letting us do this.

I'll start out with this pic I took of a Mill in Madison Wisconsin while my son was at a percussion camp with the Phantom Regiment.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Cool! You got a pic of the Regiment?

3. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Here's one of my Penny puppy, she's a shji'tzu...

me thinks she didn't like the costume so much ???

[​IMG]

4. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

I like the dog!! I would love to have a dog but I my wife hates animals, even though she grew up on a farm!! We did have a dog for the first 14 years of our marriage but for the last 18 years we have been without.

Yes I did get lots of pics of the Regiment practicing and of the camp, but....lost them all after a computer crash. I thought I had backed them up but an still searching for the backup. DRAT!!

Are you a DCI fan?

5. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Here is one of ours playing Halloween.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

6. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Haunteddoc, that stinks - on both accounts.

I love animals.

We recently lost our older dog and in the process if looking at another we wound up agreeing to foster.

and yes, Love DCI. Haven't paid much attention since I marched tho. Just catchin it on tv when I can and checking the website for updates and youtube for videos.

Craig, Cana is too cute!

7. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

ColleemMarie, I guess we are very lucky to now have DCI world headquarters and the world championships in Indy for the next few years. This year we were at WDW. My son really wants to be in DCI but he is only a sophomore, so we have a couple of years. Great to know there are DCI fans as well as WDW fans on the site.

8. Craig

Here's more Halloween from this year. Dina made these.

9. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Nice. Did they taste good? Would you believe that when my wife our kitchen dining area, she stenciled some picked fences onto the wall along with some hidden mickey's? I'll take a pic and post it later. Are we hooked or what?

10. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Busy at home

Another busy day a home.

11. Colleen were you a part of a corp or do you mean just marching band. I am a proud alumni of Ilinois State University's Big Red Marching Machine....man do I miss it!

12. scpergj

scpergj Member

Interesting! I was in band in High School - even participated in MBA Grand Nationals in 1985. I auditioned (successfully) for Suncoast Sound around 87 - I think. It was the year after the corps got in trouble for the drunken party they had at one of the competitions - they lost their main sponsor or something like that, and I had to come up with an additional couple of grand to participate. I decided I needed that money to live on more than I needed to be part of the Sound!

We have our own corps here in the Jax area - I believe they are called something like the Teal Sound. I've been out for way too long!

BTW, how did the Phantom Corps do this year?

13. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

I think Phantom won!!

14. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

I was in Drum Corps.
    I marched with the Black Watch the year or two they marched open class.
    They only do winter guard now.

my random shot today is from the Sound side of the Outer Banx~

[​IMG]

15. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

DCI ROCKS! I have always been a Phantom fan so I am VERY jealous of you and your son. I took my sister-in-law to the Eastern regional finals about 2 or 3 years ago. Here is a shot from that night.

[​IMG]

This is a mix of all the corps from that night. They came out and played the National Anthem. It was AWESOME!

16. Craig

One more halloween.

17. molander

molander Member

I have/had 2 drummers. This was taken in fall of 2007. My DS is center snare and my DD is the only girl snare. Their Indoor group won 4th at the World WGI Championships their 1st time up. Then the head band director acted ugly (long, sad story) and only 3 percussionists returned this year. It was a heartbreaking experience all around.

[attachment=1]

18. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

I am sure you are/were VERY proud!

19. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Great pics. You must be very proud!!

Indoor percussion just started today here in Indiana. Son is center snare. I think I like indoor percussion better than marching band. First is because it is indoors. His last marching band contest was 40 degrees and very windy so we all froze or ..... off. Second is that there is a lot more attitude with indoor percussion and the kids are allowed to ham it up some instead of the more stoic methods they have for marching band.

20. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

2008 Philly Flower Show - "White"

[​IMG]