POTD - Downtown Disney

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by Hockeyman, Dec 27, 2012.

1. mwjw

mwjw Member

Evad likes this.
  2. mwjw

mwjw Member

Evad likes this.
  3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

4. Hockeyman

Hockeyman Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  5. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Rainforest Cafe:
    [​IMG]

View from the new bridge to Saratoga, also where the boat docks for Marketplace have been relocated:
    [​IMG]

Here's the view from on the bridge:
    [​IMG]

Downtown Disney at night from Rainforest Cafe deck - with my old Konica 40mm F1.8 lens handheld, steadied on the rail:
    [​IMG]

One more view from the Rainforest deck, with my DSLR steadied on the rail:
    [​IMG]

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

It will be interesting to use that walking in another month when I am down there... I've also heard that there is no bus service to that side for the time being?

7. zackiedawg

The busses were running to Marketplace when I was there...and when I asked, they didn't indicate that it would be stopping until they actually complete the work on the new central bus stop - which looks far from being done. I'll know for sure in December, as I'll be there again...you'll know before me! I do hope the new bus stop location isn't too terribly far though - one of the greatest conveniences for me of staying in Saratoga is getting a room in the Congress Park section so I can walk across to Marketplace to grab a bus rather than wait for the Saratoga busses - at least to get to most places...I find it more relaxing to get to DHS via Boardwalk bus and walk, Epcot via Beach Club bus, and Magic Kingdom via Ft. Wilderness or Contemporary bus. The Saratoga busses can take a while, and coming home you need to sit through 4 stops before you get to yours!

8. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

9. Evad

Evad Member

10. zackiedawg

Cold foggy morning last week, as viewed from my balcony at Saratoga Springs:
    [​IMG]

11. zackiedawg

Gull flying by the House of Blues sign - taken from my balcony across the lake at Saratoga Springs, with my Tamron 150-600mm lens:
    [​IMG]

Marketplace bridge to Saratoga Springs and the boat docks for Port Orleans and Downtown Disney:
    [​IMG]

12. Evad

Evad Member

13. zackiedawg

Rare cold clear morning (rare for me!) at Downtown Disney:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. zackiedawg

The following 3 shots taken with a Sony RX10 weather-sealed 1" sensor zoom camera - I borrowed it as I knew it would rain on some of the days in June, and I was right!

Rain and sun at the same time - late sunset over Disney Springs in Florida while raining:
    [​IMG]
    Later that night, the skies went seriously purple - Prince would have been crying - though I was so disappointed that the rain had stopped - because then we would have really had Purple Rain!:
    [​IMG]
    Where the purple skies met the last traces of orange and pink from the already-set sun:
    [​IMG]

Scottwdw likes this.
  15. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice stuff Justin! Don't get too many Prince references here!

16. zackiedawg

I debated whether I should have used the Ƭ̵̬̊ thing...but I couldn't because that symbol isn't on my keyboard. And I was never fond of TAFKAP. But I guess he's back to being Prince again, so I'm told. ;)

17. Evad

Evad Member

18. Evad

Evad Member

Noticed that Disney Springs as a new balloon...

[​IMG]

Chernabog1940 likes this.
  19. Chernabog1940

Chernabog1940 Member

[​IMG]

Evad likes this.