POTD - Disney's Hollywood Studios

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by Imaginerd, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

2. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

With American Idol closing and Sounds Dangerous already closed, I wonder what the future holds for this area...

[​IMG]Hall of Fame by Dave Kliment, on Flickr

(for some reason, no matter how I rotated this, is still looks crooked...)

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I walked by there a few times this summer and wondered the very same thing.

4. ddindy

This RX-24 pilot droid is marked as defective. Naturally, it will be repaired before being put into service with Star Tours - right?

[​IMG]
    Defective, but harmless (for now)

5. ddindy

Did you know that Buddy Ebsen was the original Tin Man? He had to quit because his skin couldn't take the aluminum paint. But you can still hear his voice in the chorus of "We're Off To See The Wizard." This is stuff they don't tell you on the Great Movie Ride.

[​IMG]
    Almost out of the woods

6. ddindy

Hide the kids, there's a Mandalorian on the loose, and she looks badder than Boba Fett.

Wookieepedia says "Bo-Katan Kryze was a female Human who lived as a Mandalorian warrior during the final years of the Galactic Republic."

[​IMG]
    Mando mambo

7. ddindy

There's neon everywhere you look at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I wonder how much of it will survive the impending massive remodeling.

[​IMG]
    Neon night

8. I'm hoping some will be added by uncovering old route 66 ;)

Scottwdw likes this.
  9. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Ah, but will it be Carsland or Star Wars that is the question Disney has not answered yet. I would think they will need to say something soon with all these closings at DHS. Can the park live for long just on inexpensive Frozen add-ons?

10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Ripley's still hunting that alien...she doesn't ever give up:
    [​IMG]

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I think it will be both (and I am really hoping). Disney usually takes too long to announce these things. I also think this will be a 5 year thing too.

12. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great shot Justin! I take shots of her each ride but never like what I get.

13. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Both Carsland and Star Wars Planets (sorry, land does not go with a space epic)? Wow...that would be fantastic! Though lets not wait too long. I am not getting any younger!

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Agreed! Star Wars Land/The World of Star Wars/The Galaxy Far Far away... needs to get moving fast!

Scottwdw likes this.
  15. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I am pulling for Cars Land - can't wait for that to be added. I'd be OK with the Star Wars whatever-its-called area to be added TOO, rather than instead of...I may not ever care to visit it, but it may keep the crowds over in that section so I can enjoy the other sections! ;)

16. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I've also heard that part of what was backlot tour will become a third track for Midway Mania.

17. ddindy

Jim Hill has some interesting things to say about the Studios in episode 65 of the Disney Dish podcast. Whether you believe him or not is up to you.

18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

That's what I was listening to today, which is where that comment came from.

19. ddindy

Walking through the Studios with @ExloringWDW, Dave pointed out the specs on this lens: 9.3 - 700 f/1.7 zoom. It almost makes me want to trade my Nikon in on a Canon. Almost.

[​IMG]
    Canon guys get all the good stuff

20. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

That would make a nice walk-around lens, eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.