POTD - Disney Cruise Line

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by jbwolffiv, Sep 11, 2010.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I don't know how many of us have had the chance to go on a DCL trip, but it has become a fast (and expensive) favorite of mine. ;

Attached Files:

2. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

I haven't been on one yet, but I'm considering their Alaska cruise. Has anyone been on this one?

3. gary

gary Member

• we are booked on the first alaska cruise leaving vancouver bc, on 5/3/11. this will be the very first dcl alaskan cruise,
    • our 5th dcl cruise
    • 2005, wonder, 4 day bahama
    • 2006, magic, eastern carribbean
    • 2007, magic, 1st med cruise, from barcelona spain
    • 2008, magic, fla to la, via panama canal

4. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Mine too, John. :) This time, last week, I was sitting on the beach at Castaway Cay. ; This week, it's back to the old grind. ; I'd like a rewind please.

[​IMG]
    WONDERful Disney Cruise:) by *Roni*, on Flickr

The interior of the ship is pretty amazing too!
    [​IMG]
    Polished to Perfection by *Roni*, on Flickr

5. Evad

Evad Member

I'll be on the Magic 6 weeks from today for our 1st cruise!!! I can't wait!!! :)

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Jealous of you Dave! ; We still have not done anything more than 4 days on DCL. ; Doing a 5 day Double Dip to Castaway Cay next July and hope to do a 7 day in the summer of 2012, but not sure if they will be offered in that summer. ; Hoping that there will be. ;

Gary, I wish we could do the Alaskan cruise, just not in our budget yet. ;

Roni, saw those shots the other day, still love em!! ; Did you take the one of the ship on the path out to the Heads Up Bar?

7. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

This one? :) ; Yep. ; I took them all. ; And I am having a tough time deciding if I want to do Alaska or a double dip cruise next, myself. ; Totally different vacations...and I loved Castaway Cay SO much, but Alaska has been calling me a really long time....

[​IMG]
    Heads Up Bar at Pelican Bay by *Roni*, on Flickr

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Love that shot Roni!!!!

Here is one for today!!

Attached Files:

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Attached Files:

10. mousefan

mousefan Member

We try Oct 2nd at 8am to get a spot on the Dream for the 2011 DVC member cruise! ; Roni, go for Alaska! ; Best non-Disney vacay ever!

Attached Files:

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Cool shots!!!

Attached Files:

12. mSummers

mSummers Member

Does the DCL Alaska trips include Glacier Bay?

13. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Unfortunately, no, Michael. ; Disney does not sail into Glacier Bay, which is my biggest hangup right now. ; Princess and Holland American do, and they also have cruisetours that take you deep into Denali..which is something I really want to do.

But we can sail on points with Disney. ; It's such a tough call. ; Alaska may very well be a once in a lifetime trip, so I really want to squeeze in as much as possible. ;

Here's my POTD:

[​IMG]
    Wonder by *Roni*, on Flickr

14. mSummers

mSummers Member

That's what I thought. ; I'm not a fan of cruises, but I think an Alaskan cruise would be neat. ; The problem is that I have a goal of photographing all 58 National Parks, and there are 8 of them in Alaska, so any trip out there for me would have to include trips to the parks.

15. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Not to mention a chest full of cash!!! ; That would be one incredible trip!!!!

16. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Oops, forgot my one for today!

My first DCL trip and first time seeing the Dutchman, using a $94 point and shoot.

Attached Files:

17. Chris B

Chris B Member

Steamboat Willie's last stand...swim

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  18. HW

HW Member

very nice Chris and JB

19. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

In all the times I have snorkled at Castaway Cay I do not remember that one! ; Nice!

Attached Files:

20. stephen

stephen Member

Castaway Pluto

[​IMG]