POTD- Christmas Decorations

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by Craig, Nov 26, 2008.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thank you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

3. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

Wishing I was there.....Thanks for sharing.

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

My home Christmas lights, inside and out

Since this thread started as a place for posting our home Christmas displays...I finally got the chance to shoot mine. ; I got the outside lights up before Pixelmania, and got my tree the day I got back, and finally finished decorating it last week. ; Last night, I finally got around to snapping a few photos of it all:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  5. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

I have to know how you did the streaming light thing....I just have to know!! :D

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Look like your tree is about to explode in that one shot... Very cool effrect.

Sent from my iPad

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

The shot with the zoomy lights was done by taking a long exposure on tripod - 10 seconds or so...and a zoom lens. ; Starting with the longer end of the lens (In my case I was using a 10-18mm lens, so I started at 18mm)...as soon as the exposure begins, slowly move the zoom ring back to the 10mm end...take about 2-3 seconds to do it. ; Then, the remainder of the exposure will be an 8 second shot fixed at 10mm...but the lights from the 18mm to 11mm zoom will have painted themselves onto the frame.

It's a silly effect - I've done it here or there - some photographers think it's a bit hokey - but I figure if you do it a few times a year, it can be fun and not too overbearing! ; For some reason, Christmas always makes me want to do a few.

Thanks guys!

8. Very cool decorations Justin! The outside of the house looks great. Santa should be able to find your house without any problems.

~Joanie

9. Pops

Pops Member

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice stuff Justin and Garry! ; Hokey or not, I like it!

11. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

Hokey-NOT- I love a PLAY of light!! Thanks so much- will have to try it.

12. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I did this using a 28-300 zoom lens.

[​IMG]
    Nikon D700/28-300VR, 4s, f/16, ISO 200, EV 0, variable focal length, tripod