POTD: Animals

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by Scottwdw, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Time for a new Photo of the Day thread. ; I know a lot of us photograph animals and wildlife. ; Post your favorite photos of animals (domestic, pets and zoos) and wildlife. ;

I will start us off with a semi-wild, domestic swan I photographed a few January's ago at Webster Pond in Syracuse, New York.

[​IMG]
    Winter Swan by Scottwdw, on Flickr

Don't be shy, jump on in!

2. mwjw

mwjw Member

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Nice little critter!

4. HW

HW Member

that macro shot is amazing
    this is a female belted king fisher. taken at Bombay Hook NWR in Del

Attached Files:

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Very nice!

6. gary

gary Member

a couple of types of horsepower

[​IMG]

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very cool stuff everyone!

8. Just a fun iPhone picture

Attached Files:

9. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

This fellow lives out in our field -fairly oblivious to us-on this day he wandered out for us to see him- and then wandered back in-I was able to grab the camera and follow him- he is about the size of a dinner plate-for anyone wondering how big he is.

[​IMG]
    Gopher turtle by lightslicer, on Flickr

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

11. HW

HW Member

snake from Forsythe NWR

Attached Files:

12. mwjw

mwjw Member

13. gary

gary Member

one of a series from sunday afternoon, the boys were getting down in the yard, here sebastian the golden has gotten dylan away from his beloved jollyball by shaking the squeaky toy at him. both toys are abandoned in the background as the chasing begins

[​IMG]

14. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

15. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Visited the 5th oldest zoo in America last weekend. ; This male Snowy Owl had just finished off a mouse and looks very contented.

[​IMG]
    Snow Owl Stare by Scottwdw

16. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great close up Scott. ; What zoo was that? ; What is the oldest?

17. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I could be a Gary and tell you to click the link. ; ;) ; The zoo is in Binghamton, New York. ; I photographed the Crunch there on Saturday night and fit the zoo in before the game. ; The oldest? ; I will leave that up to you to find out. ; :D

18. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I never saw this thread before! ; Glad someone bumped it up...I'll try to remember to post here every once in a while, as I do a lot of bird and wildlife shooting.

Here are a few from this weekend - a couple of baby alligators hiding out in the shadows on a fallen log:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014