Possible Pre/Post Meet

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by RedOctober25, Jan 9, 2017.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I don't think the event starts until 9:30pm so depending how late you stay at Universal my guess would be that you might be able to do both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mSummers likes this.
  2. mSummers

mSummers Member

If any of our DVC folks are in town early, I would be interested in going Monday 12/4 in addition to 12/11.

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I plan on hitting both (and will be trying to max out my allowed guests). I'll let you know if I'm able to get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mSummers likes this.
  4. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I may try to get in for both night's also. Dec 4 and 11. I will try to max out my allowed guests also. I will let you know if I can get in. If any other DVCer doesn't get in and I do you can plan as going as one of my guests. I think it wll be a while before they open booking. It may be fall.
    As soon as anyone hears it is opening let the rest of us DVCers know right away.

Joanie Eddis-Koch and mSummers like this.
  5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

It looks like Universal has historically closed at 7 pm on Mondays. Assuming they don't change that due to their Christmas stuff this year (which looks like it's just a new version of the Macy's parade and holiday decorations at Hogwarts), it should be possible to get back to WDW by 9. Put me back on the list for Dec. 11, @RedOctober25 !

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Just got a newsletter from The DVCNews website that the Sept. 13th DAK Moonlight Magic event opens for registration on June 15th... so three months ahead. So if the same holds true then the December event should open up around the 1st of September. I have my calendar marked with a reminder starting mid-August (and the newsletter should give me a heads up too)...

7. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

We will be missing the December Moonlight Magic but hope to register for the September 6th event. I'll let you know how the signup process goes. Probably will be seeing a lot of Stitch eating the page...

mSummers likes this.
  8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I'll be missing the second September event by just a couple of days (it's on Wednesday and I fly in on Saturday)... if only I could arrange to fly in a few days early

9. gary

gary Member

somebody remind me as it gets closer, i can get people in for 12/11, although i will be in mco on the night of 12/4, it won 't be until 9pm and that only enroute to an airport hotel for the evening. i am doing my old trick of flying down the night before and going to dme in the morning, so i do not have that 4 am wakeup to catch a flight

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

There's a few of us watching so it will definitely be posted once it opens. We'll make sure everyone is aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  11. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

FYI: I just signed up for the September 6th Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom. The last time I had to call but registration is now completely online. The registration site went live at exactly 9AM and everything actually worked. I just happened to see a post on a DVC Facebook group that today was the day. 2 minutes after I got my confirmation I got the DVC invitation to sign up.

So about 10 weeks before the event they opened reservations. That puts you at September 25th for the December 4th event. Who knows what it will actually be.

12. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks for the update! Knowing what time the site goes live is really helpful

ExploringWDW likes this.
  13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I just saw this on RADP's FB page... the other possibility of when the window opens is the week after the first date of the previous event. Made me wonder because I think the Typhoon Lagoon event had a longer window than the 10 weeks. But clearly we have enough people looking out for this. I just wish I could go the the DAK one but miss it by a few days...

14. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

FYI: the September Moonlight Magic at AK "sold" out in under 4 days. Be ready to sign up when the December reservations open up!

mSummers likes this.
  15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I just saw this in a "DVC News" newsletter... that is crazy. And really it's just two days after they opened this up to everyone. So the biggest take away from this is that we need to sign up in the "guests with reservations" time prior to it opening to everyone.

mSummers likes this.
  16. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

It probably will not be an issue but if you arrive after regular park close you will need to meet the DVC Member your reservation is with at the gate for entry. If everyone is in the park before park close it may be easier to coordinate registering everyone for the event. At least for the September DAK event, there are no guest names tied to the member reservation, just a number of guests. If it works like the DAK event, guests without park admission are allowed in starting at 7PM so registration will start no later than that.

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

**UPDATE**
    Just got an email from DVC and seems like they are waiting until one month out for signing up for the Moonlight Magic at Epcot.

Oct. 24th: for members with reservations during the event(s)
    Nov. 7th: for all other members

[​IMG]

mSummers and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.