PM2k12 - New Fantasyland

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Dec 6, 2012.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Awesome shots everyone! ; I am hoping to get some processed and posted this week or next at the latest so I can join you all in sharing.

2. Pops

Pops Member

Thanks guys, Already looking forward to next year. - Garry Rollins

3. This was my first hand held, two exposure HDR shot. Photomatix has an alignment feature and I decided to see if it would work for this subject. The lighting was really harsh for this shot with one side being brightly exposed and the other side not so much. I realized that I had two exposures that were closely aligned and I was hoping that the HDR processing would make this subject POP! I'm pretty happy with the results. I imported the file into camera raw for an additional buff up after processing in Photomatix.

I like how gnarly the concrete is and I love the fact that the fish just oozes well defined texture. I also really appreciate the way the sculptor shaped the fish in such a way that it mimics being split in half so as to follow the corner of the concrete tomb. It's little things like this that play on our subconscious as we rush by design details to get to the 'ride'.

[​IMG]
    Culpeppers Carp by Disney Photography Phanatic, on Flickr

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Wow Joanie! ; You got some great shots. ; I love the lighting in that last one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Joanie! ; The HM shots are very nice, especially the lighting in the last one.

6. Thanks Guys. That was taken while we were waiting to get in to the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner before MVMCP.

I have an app on my phone called the Photographer's Ephemeris which overlays a Google type map with the sun rise/set and moon rise/set (Times and path of travel) for any date and location you plug in. It won't show shadows on the objects in real time on the map but it does give you an idea of the angle and time of the sun/moon. (moon phases as well)

I like to look at this for my upcoming trips and see if there is going to be a moon, when it will rise/set and if it will be available for one of my preplanned shots, for example a full moon over Tomorrowland might be cool in certain shots.

This shot I just happened to get since I was traveling with Pixelmania and I never knew quite where I would be at any given time.

Definitely check out that Sun/moon rise set info before your next trip so that you can consider how those objects can contribute to your shot.

And thanks again for the kind words!
    ~Joanie

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Great shots, Joanie.

You see, the thing about Pixelmania is that most of the guys are eating during the best light of the day. ; I tried to convince them to do otherwise, but to no avail. ; :)

8. A great piece of 'swag' for the next Pixelmania would be strap on feed bags filled with "Nikon Nibbles" or "Canon Crackers" that would keep us going until the light got bad or the memory cards were filled. Tim! Are you listening?

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Well that just ; won't do at all, unless you also offer some Sony Snacks to go with the Canon Crackers and Nikon Nibbles.

10. mSummers

mSummers Member

We just need to move the big meals to lunchtime instead of dinner. ;

11. gary

gary Member

It's pixelmania, i'll eat/sleep on the plane

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

It also gives us another reason to plan our next trip right away so we can get that one great shot we missed...

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

13. underh2odoc

underh2odoc Member

I missed the last day of Pixelmania because my wife was hospitalized - she's doing we'll now - and I'm just starting to go through my pictures. I started processing these two and got a little carried away. Anyway, here's my first offering.

Attached Files:

14. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

#1 is kind of creepy... which means it worked!

15. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

One of the few shots I got with all the film crews about.

[​IMG]
    Ariel by jbwolffiv, on Flickr