PM2k12 - DAK After Dark

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Post your photos from DAK After Dark in this thread.

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

[size=78%]My high ISO, no tripod DSLR night shoot at AK, using multi-frame NR image stacking mode in camera:[/size]

[size=78%][​IMG][/size]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Incredibly clean high ISO photos there, Justin. Nice stuff!

This was taken from the Flame Tree BBQ seating area...

[​IMG]

4. zackiedawg

Very nice Dave - did you get that at 'blue hour'? ; It came out nice, with the missing lights in the middle of the mountain not really noticeable as the sky and shadows are lighter.

5. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Thanks Justin. It was taken at 8:35PM, which Dennis and I thought was going to be too late for official "blue hour", but I seemed to get the effect.

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

That turned out nice, Dave! ; I'll have to put that location on the list for next year.

8. Pops

Pops Member

Justin, Can't believe those were shot with no tripod! ; Great shots. ; Here are a few of mine (with a tripod) - Garry Rollins

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

Attached Files:

9. Pops

Pops Member

Couple more from Kali River Que @ night - Garry Rollins

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=2]

Attached Files:

10. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice shots, Gary! I didn't know Kali was open after dark.

11. gary

gary Member

it seemed there was a window of time where in spite of the missing lighting, one could still get a decent everest chot. still unknown it this lighting is on purpose, or just a maintenance failure

[​IMG]

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

That is phenomenal! ; Love the lighting on that. ; Gives a real sense of sunset on a tall peak.

Sent from my iPhone...

13. zackiedawg

Garry - very nice shots - especially liking the Dawa bar night shot, and that B&W detail shot.

I admit I love taking long exposures on tripod as they do always come out the best - I just wanted to be lazy and not carry the tripod around that night!

14. zackiedawg

Garry - very nice shots - especially liking the Dawa bar night shot, and that B&W detail shot.

I admit I love taking long exposures on tripod as they do always come out the best - I just wanted to be lazy and not carry the tripod around that night!

15. mSummers

mSummers Member

Here's my last shot on the way out that night. ; Flame Tree Falls, inspired by the shot Jeff posted earlier this year:

[​IMG]

16. zackiedawg

Neat shot - I don't think I saw Jeff's original of that before, but I do like the idea. ; I don't think I've thought about a nice long exposure looking that direction as I'm always facing the other way shooting the mountain!

17. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great shot Michael! ; I took a few of that during Christmas week, but handheld, so they are not NEARLY ; as nice as that!

18. I am really loving all of these shots. AK has never been one of my favorites but both my husband and I are marveling over how it comes alive at night with a certain beauty that is absent during the day. You guys really expressed that through your shots. Good going!

~Joanie

19. mSummers

mSummers Member

Thanks, everyone!

20. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member