Pixelmania West - Christmas 2023

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by ddindy, Dec 29, 2022.

2. Thank you so much for keeping us organized with this!

I'm scheduled for surgery August 1st and I'm told that I'll be useless for at least 2 weeks afterwards. They don't want me doing anything for 4 weeks but I'll have to figure it out as I go along.

I'll make it a priority to make those Park of the day reservations while I'm recuperating.
    ~Joanie

3. gary

gary Member

well that does make the fantastic dining question a nonstarter. ok with me, not my favorite show anyway

Nancy AK likes this.
  4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I forgot another important date for people like me who have already purchased tickets from Undercover Tourist or some other reseller: Start making park reservations on Sunday, August 13. On that day you can make your reservation for Monday, Dec. 11. Continue for the next four days to complete your set of reservations. Don't forget to add your ticket to your My Disneyland account before trying to make park reservations.

Here are the revised important dates:
    • Sunday August 13: Pre-purchased ticket holders can make a park reservation for Dec. 11.
    • Thursday August 17: Purchase tickets and make park reservations for Dec. 11-15 from Disneyland web site
    • Make dining and tour reservations at 9 am EDT:
      • Wednesday Oct. 11 for Sunday Dec. 10
      • Thursday Oct. 12 for Monday Dec. 11
      • Friday Oct 13 for Tuesday Dec 12
      • Saturday Oct 14 for Wednesday Dec. 13
      • Sunday Oct. 15 for Thursday Dec. 14
      • Monday Oct. 16 for Friday Dec. 15
    • Monday October 30: Park hours are available for Dec. 11

Last edited: Jul 30, 2023
  5. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

@ddindy, thanks for all the updates. Do we have what park days planned out yet for October or December?

6. We are having a planning board meeting tonight to hopefully finalize that schedule.

Nancy AK likes this.
  7. ddindy

The December park days have not changed. They are still Disneyland / DCA / Disneyland / DCA / Disneyland. Most likely with much park hopping after 11 am.

Nancy AK likes this.
  8. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Thank you. I must have missed this post

9. ddindy

I guess it's time to start a new "Disneyland 2023 Definite Dates" thread to keep everything together. I'll try to find time to do that.

Joanie Eddis-Koch and Nancy AK like this.
  10. I'd like to schedule a DISNEYLAND Pixelmania WEST Zoom meeting FOR THIS FRIDAY August 11th at 7:30 pm.

Is everyone able to make that? If not we can schedule it for a different date.

On Thursday August 17th, those of us that have not purchased tickets to Disneyland can do so and we'll have to make park reservations when purchasing those tickets.

The park of the day RESERVATION is Disneyland Monday Wednesday Friday and Disney's California adventure on Tuesday and Thursday.

We should probably try and finalize dining plans at this next Disneyland Pixelmania West Zoom meeting so we can have our act together when it comes time to make reservations.

What do you say: @ddindy @gary @Nancy AK

~Joanie

11. ddindy

Welcome back! This Friday works for me; next Friday does not.
    You may also want to invite the "maybes": @mSummers @donsullivan and the remotely possible @PolynesianMedic. Or not.

I'm working on putting together the Official Disneyland West 2023 thread. I have about 45 pages worth of stuff so far...

One tidbit that will be useful: In mid-December, sunrise is at 6:48 am and sunset is at 4:44 pm. We'll have plenty of time to use those tripods!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
    Nancy AK and Joanie Eddis-Koch like this.
  12. I will invite them. I'm sending out the invitations now for this Friday's Disneyland Pixelmania Zoom meeting. If anybody has to miss we can do a recap in a post on your new thread.

~Joanie

13. mSummers

mSummers Member

I’m going to have to miss Friday’s meeting. This weekend is Thunder Over Michigan.

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.
  14. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

I put a reminder on my calendar for Friday the 11th !

15. gary

gary Member

i will be there

16. I always set my phones alarm clock for important meetings and appointments..

Nancy AK likes this.
  17. ddindy

I saved $55 on my Southwest flights to and from California today. You should check yours to see if the prices went down.

18. I booked with points so I got a refund of 10,886 points back to my account.
    Thanks for the tip Dennis!

Nancy AK and ddindy like this.
  19. Nancy AK

Nancy AK Member

Thanks Dennis, I rebooked my return flight and refunded 3,000 points

Joanie Eddis-Koch likes this.